ROM Hack Help upgrading Switch from 9.1.0

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey, I have a hacked switch running 9.1.0|AMS 0.10.5|S.

I know it's an older version but the reason is I don't play much other than what I already have in there, was hoping I could get a few more games after upgrading.

What does the process look like? Do I have to upgrade one by one or can I jump to the latest. I'm hoping I can update to "Base=12.0.2 / UPD=12.1.0" but not exactly sure what that means.

Please let me know if you need additional details to be able to help.

Thanks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should do the following:
  1. Update to the latest version of Atmosphere. You can do this by downloading the latest version of Atmosphere and putting it onto your SD card. It is recommended that you delete the old atmosphere folder from your SD card before doing so, particularly if it's a very old version of Atmosphere you're currently using.
  2. Download these signature patches and put them onto your SD card: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/latest
  3. Update whichever bootloader you're using. If you're using Hekate, download the latest version of Hekate. If you're using fusee-primary, download the latest version of fusee-primary (it can be found next to the latest version of Atmosphere).
  4. Download whichever system version you would like to update to and put the folder onto the root of your SD card. 9.1.0 is very low. The latest system version as of this post is 12.1.0, and Atmosphere is compatible with 12.1.0. If you update to 12.1.0 now, that means you can go longer before you will need to update again. Newer system versions are required for newer games, and I believe most newer games are requiring around 10.x and 11.x at this point. Eventually, newer games will require 12.x if they don't already. You only have to download the system version you're updating to.
  5. Boot into Atmosphere and load the homebrew launcher. Boot Daybreak to update your system to the version you downloaded previously. If your SD card is formatted as exFAT, make sure you install exFAT support during the process. The rest should be self-explanatory. You can delete the update folder on your SD card after the update has been installed.
After you complete the steps above, you can feel free to install the latest games and game updates. If you are installing an update to a game, you only need to install the latest update.

Last edited by Lacius,

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks for your response.

If I update to the latest Atmosphere, can I still boot into 9.1? I want to go like, step by step.

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Answer is yes but hombebrew titles aren't launching. On to step 2!

I'm not sure if I should download fusee or hekate, I was using fusee-primary-0.10.5-tinfoil-fork-98ec7d1e.bin to in ject payload if that means anything.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Answer is yes but hombebrew titles aren't launching. On to step 2!

I'm not sure if I should download fusee or hekate, I was using fusee-primary-0.10.5-tinfoil-fork-98ec7d1e.bin to in ject payload if that means anything.
You can use both hekate and fusee-primary (not sure what this tinfoil fork is about).
fusee-primary here > https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
hekate here > https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

You can also replace reboot_payload.bin (which is actually fusee-primary.bin renamed) to hekate(whatever_version).bin to reboot to hekate when you need to. Rename it too, of course.

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sorry I'm confused for step 2.
On both fusee.zip and hekate.zip files from @Lacius post there's atmosphere and bootloader folders.

Do I need to delete the folders already on my SD card or overwrite the info on them? Also, fwiw, those folders on the SD card seem to contain way more info than what is on the zip files.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On both fusee.zip and hekate.zip files from @Lacius post there's atmosphere and bootloader folders.

Do I need to delete the folders already on my SD card or overwrite the info on them? Also, fwiw, those folders on the SD card seem to contain way more info than what is on the zip files.
Overwriting them should suffice.

Reactions: davd

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Now I'm in a hekate v.5.5.8 screen that's asking me for a Date and Time for Nyx but has no .ini or boot entries found for Launch or More Configs.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Believe, follow the steps @Lacius told you, if you read them and execute everyone step by step all will go fine, is recommended you backup and delete atmosphère folder of you SD BEFORE start.

the latest versions of Atmosphère and Hekate are compatible with all firmware versions and if you install games using NSP or XCI YOU WILL NEED the sigpatches of step 2. and for install such files use the newest tinfoil or I do prefer https://github.com/Team-Neptune/NSAInstaller/releases
Please read slow and understand every step before start.

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks for your input, that's what I tried doing, hence why I'm asking about the step I'm currently on because I'm not getting boot options.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your response.

If I update to the latest Atmosphere, can I still boot into 9.1? I want to go like, step by step.

Mine was original 3.0.0 FW and I use daybreak and update to 11.0.0 so if I want to downgrade back to 3.0.0 FW and I can do that. And I won't lost it. :)

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Oh I didn't mean as to downgrade, but just continue booting before updating the firmware.

--

Going back to the original request though, I'm still stuck on step 3.

I downloaded hekate v5.5.8 & Nyx v1.0.5 (hekate_ctcaer_5.5.8_Nyx_1.0.5.zip) from
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases
and put on SD card.

I also downloaded these signature patches and put them onto the SD card (hekate.zip) https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/latest

Now I'm in the Launch/More Configs/Payloads/emuMMC screen with no boot options. Any suggestions? Now sure if I should continue OR how to update the firmware.

Last edited by davd,

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
--

Going through it again:

1. Downloading latest atmosphere (0.19.5) and placed it on SD card.
2. Downloaded both signature patches, going with fusee. (Replaced patches .ini).
3. Downloaded fusee-primary.bin.
4. Used that to Inject Payload using TegraRcm 2.6.

So far so good. Games are launching.

Last edited by davd,

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Downloaded firmware. Unzipped.
Went to Daybreak.
Proceed with install preserving settings and fat32 only (which my SD card is).
Reboot.
It worked!

THANK YOU ALL!!

Last edited by davd,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Downloaded firmware. Unzipped.
Went to Daybreak.
Proceed with install preserving settings and fat32 only (which my SD card is).
Reboot.
It worked!

THANK YOU ALL!!
Glad it worked for you! You could have used the EXFAT option in Daybreak since it covers both FAT32 and EXFAT. But you should be ok, anyway. Next time you update your firmware, choose EXFAT in Daybreak, but keep your SD card formatted as FAT32, so you can avoid corruption as much as possible.

Reactions: davd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy