[Help] Upgrading Risks vs Reward

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by CapoCEO, Jun 14, 2018 at 1:11 PM.

1. CapoCEO
    OP

CapoCEO Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2016
    United States
    The blood and heart of the U.S.A.
    Ok so i want to upgrade the internal HDD on a activated ps4pro which has about 6 accounts. I have been using a 8tb as extended storage since the day the pro was used. From what i know extended storage is encrypted so I can't use fpkg's to it unless i use a formatted exfat HDD running app2usb. As you can imagine i have games along with those activated accounts I don't want to lose. The plan was to upgrade the internal HDD so i can install the fpkgs on there as the 1tb gets filled quick. How can i go about upgrading the internal drive without losing all that i mentioned? Should i ftp all the files on the internal to a pc then copy it to the new hdd after its been formatted from the ps4 and 5.05 reinstalled? Or would doing that just be a waste of time because it won't work after it's been done?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice