Hacking Help updating loader from 4.1a -> 4.5

sketch143

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm.. i've tried countless times to update my loader but it doesn't seem to be working.

I followed the steps in the notepad:
-put both files in G6 root
-press a+b+sel+start on black screen with green text
-Select yes

what happens after is that, a 2 appears on the Yes and the whole thing crashes.... i can still move the cursor... =\

help?

V9040147-1.jpg

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you unzip them to the root or did you drag and drop after unzipping? sometimes winzip or winrar will unpack it to a new folder and therefor takes the actual files out of the root. make sure that the 2 files are not in a seperate folder on the root.

sketch143

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah.. i drag and drop. i don't use the automatic unzip since it takes too much time.

I tried loading GBA both with and without Passcard

same thing happens for loader 4.3 and 4.4

DenGladeBagaren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there i recognoze this problem i once have it too.
take a backup first of important saves and then use Maintenance utility can be downloaded from g6flash.com and let it reformat the g6 for you to fabric after that is ready you should selcet the unit in windows explorer and format it important select fat not fat32 o ntfsc only fat and dont select fast format eeither it dont take long to format it and after that. pu in al folders you need in the g6 unit and put also newest firmware in root to be on the safe side try download it agian to make sure you you dont have any errors in the files

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It needs to be in fat16 to update. You can use fat32 on any other use except updating. So might as well keep it in fat16 to make your life easier.

sketch143

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the help... i finally got it to work.

DenGladeBagaren's advice was right on the dot. fixed the problem right after. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.