Hacking Help! Updated to 9.9 can't get Gateway working

ammer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 4.5 until... (i'll spare you) now my (old) 3DS XL is at 9.9!!!

I used to be able to stick in the blue card and boot up but now the card won't load. I refreshed all the cards to the new Gateway Ultra 3.3 but I'm not sure what to do as the instructions are not clear anymore.

Can I downgrade the firmware?

Any help would be appreciated!

pratamaaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

I used to be able to stick in the blue card and boot up but now the card won't load. I refreshed all the cards to the new Gateway Ultra 3.3 but I'm not sure what to do as the instructions are not clear anymore.

No you can't
Downgrade only possible on firmware below 9.2

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point the only thing you can do is get a hardmod and flash a NAND backup. And that only works if you already made a backup of your NAND. :(

D

Deleted User

Sky 3DS should work. Apart from that all you can do is play the waiting game. It will probably be hackable eventually.

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you made a backup of your NAND before updating, you can't go back to your old firmware. Gateway won't work on any firmware above 9.2. If you made a NAND backup, you can do a hardmod to downgrade.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why'd you do that!?

sell gw
and get a sky3ds
Better solution: Selling the 3DS and buying a GW-compatible one. That way he won't lose features and all his progress in games.

ammer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why'd you do that!?

Better solution: Selling the 3DS and buying a GW-compatible one. That way he won't lose features and all his progress in games.

Unfortunately finding a GW - compatible one for a reasonable price is a little hard these days....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, I made a backup of the NAND...... I just can't find it. *Face Palm*

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately finding a GW - compatible one for a reasonable price is a little hard these days....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, I made a backup of the NAND...... I just can't find it. *Face Palm*

Every new Old 3ds should be below 9.2 firmware.

I'm going to assume you're using windows for my own convenience >_> - Open up computer in the search bar - type: "NAND.BIN"

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did decide to buy one and didn't mind getting an o3DS, they go pretty cheap on eBay. I got a used one for $70 on firmware 4.5.0-10U.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Check your console big SD Card for the NAND.bin file. If it's not there then if you had previously created emuNAND using GW menu "Format EmuNAND" and was using a version at 9.2 or lower then you can try extracting emuNAND from big SD card using emuNAND Tool and use that instead for flashing back (assuming that you haven't modded it a lot then it might work, but in any case make sure you do a proper backup of sysNAND using hardmod at least twice before flashing anything in case it failed).

In any case, you need to have a hardmod and your console's previously backed up NAND.bin file which is 9.2 or under.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-