Hacking [HELP] Trying to recover a bricked console

Sybro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, a few years ago I bought the original Nintendo 3DS. Played alot on it but after a while it stopped working because it would only turn on for a few seconds and then make this popping sound and turn off. I managed to fix this by replacing the speaker flex cables and was hoping that it would work again. However, when I turned it on all that I got was a black screen ( both screens were turned on but displayed nothing ). I was able to get some kind of Sleep Mode screen after holding the power button for a while. Only thing I could do there is press Home, but that just froze the device. I tried updating the firmware with the L+R+UP+A+Power combination, did nothing either. From what I've read I probably turned it off while updating but I don't remember this happening since it was a while ago. Anyways, I recently got my hands on a ntrboot-compatible flashcart and followed to steps on 3ds guide to get Luma on my device. But now I'm stuck. After turning on "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" it reboots and then goes straight into a "An exception occured" screen. I can link the dump file if neccesary. From videos I've seen the 3ds rebooted after this step, but I guess since my NAND is messed up it doesn't boot. Is there any way to fix my console? I don't have any NAND backups because the cause of this had nothing to do with modding in the first place.

Hope someone has an answer for this somewhat frustrating problem.

Thanks in advance,
Sybro

Sybro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What you want to do is CTRTransfer via Godmode9 or via Decrpyt9 or Lazarus3DS.
I followed the steps from 3ds.guide for Godmode9 but once I get to the reboot step (23) I just get the "An exception occurred" screen again. Should I try doing the same but with Decrpyt9 or Lazarus3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-