Hacking Help: tried updating Luma to 8 and did something wrong. CFW apps gone

Crankkt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried updating luma from 7.1 to 8 but I can't get the luma chainloader menu to open when I press start. I am following the 3DS guide for b9S upgrading. When I go onto the next section, it asks for a reboot and hold start but the 3DS home menu loads. ANy ideas?

Last edited by Crankkt,

Crankkt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes both godmode9.firm and safeb9sinstaller.firm are in the luma payloads folder. I can't see any folder for armloader anywhere. I tried following the guide for a9lh to b9s first and it didn't work so I then tried updating b9s. I am still on 11.2 for the system software. Does that matter? I didn't know of updating was safe yet.

Last edited by Crankkt,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes both godmode9.firm and safeb9sinstaller.firm are in the luma payloads folder. I can't see any folder for armloader anywhere. I tried following the guide for a9lh to b9s first and it didn't work so I then tried updating b9s. I am still on 11.2 for the system software. Does that matter? I didn't know of updating was safe yet.
Send the link you followed.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Jordan Wessley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: I screwed up my last edit and the original message.:hrth:

If you used Emunand in the past, try deleting the Luma config and re-enabling Emunand auto-boot in the Luma config screen. (I assume you can reach the Luma config)

Last edited by Jordan Wessley,

Crankkt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought my 3DS with the Luma CFW on it. I don't know what Emunand is. I have seen it written in the forums before but don't know what it does. If I hold select when booting the 3DS, the Luma 7.1 configuration opens. The only setting in this menu that is clicked is "SHow NAND or user string in System settings". I will add photos shortly when I can figure out how lol.
https://ibb.co/b1P3Ga
https://ibb.co/kCFzpv
https://ibb.co/izODGa
https://ibb.co/cBrB2F

edit: added photo links

Last edited by Crankkt,

Crankkt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i currently have 7.1 on luma. But my system is still running 11.2. Could this be the problem? Should I update to 11.5?

I tried follow the 3DS guide again for updating to B9S. I still can't get the luma chainloader menu to open when I hold start on reboot. Could i still have A9LH files on my SD card that is interfering?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i currently have 7.1 on luma. But my system is still running 11.2. Could this be the problem? Should I update to 11.5?

I tried follow the 3DS guide again for updating to B9S. I still can't get the luma chainloader menu to open when I hold start on reboot. Could i still have A9LH files on my SD card that is interfering?
Redownload Luma v7.1 and move the boot.firm to your SD card root then try to access the chainloader again. A9LH files shouldn't be interferring with the chainloader.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Crankkt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Redownload Luma v7.1 and move the boot.firm to your SD card root then try to access the chainloader again. A9LH files shouldn't be interferring with the chainloader.

Wicked. Replacing the boot.firm on the SD card root booted up the chainloader. I was able to Update B9S and luma to 8.1 successfully.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over