Hardware [HELP] Switch Blurry While Docked.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, does anyone know what I can do to fix this? The console is completely fine while in the portable mode but it's very blurry while docked and plugged into a monitor. The switch is on the latest ofw and has not been modded.
I've tried two monitors and both of them were blurry. Here's the model information about both of the monitors and my Nintendo Switch TV output settings.

Monitor : ASUS VG245H
TV Resolution : 1080P
RGB Range : Full Range
Screen Size : 100%
Blurry : Yes

Monitor : ASUS PG248Q
TV Resolution : 1080P
RGB Range : Full Range
Screen Size : 100%
Blurry : Yes

The monitors even look better when I use the 720P option. When I plug the dock into the families TV it works completely fine, does anyone have any information or know any reason why this might be happening?
Thanks

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Check the display mode on the monitors, make sure they are in "Game" mode and not "Dynamic" or "Film" or whatever. Some displays have modes that enhance movies and other media content by applying a smoothing effect, but this is not appropriate for games or a direct PC connection.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't answer this question without even knowing what game you're testing, do you know that switch games use dynamic resolution?
Try for example mariokart this game is 1080p docked
No doom, xenoblade2, etc...

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Check the display mode on the monitors, make sure they are in "Game" mode and not "Dynamic" or "Film" or whatever. Some displays have modes that enhance movies and other media content by applying a smoothing effect, but this is not appropriate for games or a direct PC connection.
Yep, I've had it in game mode for the whole time that I've used the monitor, thanks for the help though.
You can't answer this question without even knowing what game you're testing, do you know that switch games use dynamic resolution?
Try for example mariokart this game is 1080p docked
No doom, xenoblade2, etc...
Tried MarioKart, still looks blurry, i'm certain the problem is something with the monitor.
Are you using HDMI cables and not HDMI to DVI/VGA/DP?
Yep, i'm using a direct hdmi from the dock to the monitor.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Visual game off, looks like a monochrome papyrus. Prettier on one.

1543897956-screenshot-2018-12-04-05-32-20.png

:shit:

Last edited by KHEOPS,

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
tried all of the gamevisual modes, still very clearly blurry in everything. maybe this is a switch firmware problem with not supporting the monitor properly.
Yeah, rotten monitors...??
I play on plasma tv 42 panasonic (calibration 6500k calmann, calibration probe blue eyes one pro, delta medium 1.2, temperature = 6502k)
Response time? 0.0001
Mario kart switch docked, 1080p > on tv 1080p 60 native it's perfect .
It is capable of making 1080p24 fps without pulldown 3:2, higher than any lcd in upscale, example 720p native on tv in 1080p60 is unbeatable... Then I don't see your problems with asus.

Last edited by KHEOPS,

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, rotten monitors...??
I play on plasma tv 42 panasonic (calibration 6500k calmann, calibration probe blue eyes one pro, delta medium 1.2, temperature = 6502k)
Response time? 0.0001
Mario kart switch docked, 1080p > on tv 1080p 60 native it's perfect .
It is capable of making 1080p24 fps without pulldown 3:2, higher than any lcd in upscale, example 720p native on tv in 1080p60 is unbeatable... Then I don't see your problems with asus.
I guess, the monitor is completely fine for everything else, maybe a switch update will fix it.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess, the monitor is completely fine for everything else, maybe a switch update will fix it.
I don't think so, no.
Nintendo have never really had any advanced video image settings.
Even the problem is that.example: if you put in 720p the switch for zelda, docked ,the switch upscales the image, it does not force the native resolution on the 1080p tv, you will not have any performance gain, even if you put in 480p zelda will have the same jerk as in 1080p, so when you are in 720p its upscale switch is better, than the upscale of the asus, even if you are in 1080p on switch. ( zelda docked 900p resolution )

Last edited by KHEOPS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...