Gaming help restore a sammy in dos

cheatmaster5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used dos in a long time but i need it to restore this erased sammy i have. I booted dos, then turned on the drive typed fsam XXXXXXX XXXXX and it finds the drive, so i pick the port its on and then it says , What would you like to do? type [R] for read, [W] to write and etc.. I type W for write and it says invalid command or bad file name. So my question is how do I type the write command?

thanks in advance

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions:
You're using iPrep right?
And just to make sure, are you restoring to original fw?

Edit: If yes to both of those questions, rename the orig.bin to SAMCFW.bin and put it the BACKUPS folder on your flash drive that you are running iPrep from and try again.

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I think iPrep uses dosflash for flashing. When I use that, I hit type "w", then hit enter. After that it prompts me to type the name of the file I'm flashing. All I can think of is type "w" instead of "W".

According to this video you type "w", then it prompts for the filename. Other than that, I don't know what could be wrong.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
iprep if you must use it comes with dosflash so can I can say use that instead. Also iprep versions have shipped with old and outdated things in the past that lack the capability for certain drives.

cheatmaster5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working my monitor was cutting off the command prompt so I couldn't see what it was asking

But i do have some questions. I liked the way dosflash worked and i think i am going to switch from jungleflasher to dos but i am not sure how to do all the need steps in dos. I know how to dump the drive and how to flash it in dos but how do you get the drive key and can you spoof drives in dos.

So I guess I am asking if any on knows of a good guide.

Thanks in advance

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had the same problem when I was at my friends (TV used a monitor too?), a generous use of dir /w and fiddling got it sorted though.

Dosflash does have a windows version (called dosflash 32) but even with jungleflasher I still find myself using dos to this day and my only gripe with it is that in windows it disables my other drives (a simple enable in the system part of control panel but annoying as nothing else does).

Two steps to this
1) Dosflash is as good as jungleflasher in terms of drive dumping, erasing and flashing. Run it from a command line and it will give you the help you need. The hardest part will be dumping a 7 series liteon (with probe) but even then the command is in the NFO.

2) Dosflash does not have firmware hacking capabilities, fortunately another dos app called firmtool does have such abilities and for what it is worth it spoofs drives automatically (as in you feed it source firmware from one drive and a base firmware hacked or otherwise from another and it will automatically sort it all).

Grab both from xbins or indeed your iprep install (go with xbins though as iprep is seriously outdated at this point).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @HiradeGirl, https://a.co/d/6oECWAh