Hacking [Help Request] Converting JAPANESE Digimon World: Next Order to English

geo-kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone.

There is a conversion of Chinese version of DW: Next Order to English, but I'm attempting to do the same thing to the Japanese version of the game.

I got it to work, and it seems to work fine so far (though I haven't tested it very far into the game yet), and fonts look much better (see the pic below). There are cases when the text goes out of bounds even more than it did in the old conversion of the Chinese version, but it still looks much better overall to me.
IVEWard.png

The only problem is, the Japanese version of the game only accepts katakana (Japanese alphabet) characters for any names you are asked to input. This is not a fatal issue, the game will be playable anyway, but it can be slightly displeasing to see Japanese characters pop up in the English text every so often whenever your character or Digimon's name is mentioned.

So I'm asking for help with altering the eboot (or whatever needs to be altered) to make the game accept any text characters (at least English letters) for the names, as does the Chinese version. Unfortunately, I lack the knowledge to deal with this problem myself. Please message me or leave a comment here if you can provide some assistance.

Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.