Hacking Question Help req 3 launch options in hekate but need to get online for starlink extra download

Viga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I have a question regarding my switch.
My switch is an unpatched one (bought it on release) and was at that time on firmware 4.x (if I recall correctly but am unsure about this). I have never gone online with it.
I ran atmosphere on it through a dongle (atmosphere-nx) after first taking a backup of boot0&1 and the emmc full raw. At that time I was on 8.0.1.
All was fine until I purchased pokemon shield, this refused to be played due to the gamecard update, so I decided to update to (at that time the available version 9.0.1).
At this time emunand came to my attention and so I switched now to emunand on the SD card and updated through choixdujour my emunand and sysnand.
I did ofcourse before doing the upgrade do a full backup of boot0&1 and full emmc raw.
So in Hekate I see 3 options when clicking launch:
1. Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC
2. Atmosphere FSS0 Sys
3. Stock Sys

I am in autoCRM and when in hekate when looking into console info and fuses info I see "Burnt fuses (0DM 7/6): 6 - 0"
I believe I have let the fuses burn for the gamecart issue as otherwise the game was unplayable, it kept saying no.
Afterwards it seemed more the issue of the SDcard being in exfat rather than fat32 and the issue nintendo has with this filesystem.

Onto the real question, recently we bought starlink and there is a download involved... you hear me coming i guess. I don't dare to go online atm.
What would be my best course of action to actually get the download? Boot into Stock Sys and get the download with a risk of getting banned?
I can revert to an OLD clean nand but since the fuses might be burnt (and I think they are), what would be the impact and could I get back to a running system with all save ganes intact?
I did do a backup of my saveganes using Edizon.
If banned can you still download official content? I understand that online play is impossible and the e-shop then but I don't do that anyway.

If I download while running stock sys, I presume the content will be available also when running in CFW?
As savegames seem to be sepperate (what I understand ofcourse since one is using internal emmc while emunand the SD card.

Thanks in advance for any constructive replies. And again first time poster here but I have been reading alot and searching, however can't realy find a good definitive answer to my specific situation.
If I missed some crucial info, sorry for that, ask and i'll provide.

Last edited by Viga,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have a question regarding my switch.
My switch is an unpatched one (bought it on release) and was at that time on firmware 4.x (if I recall correctly but am unsure about this). I have never gone online with it.
I ran atmosphere on it through a dongle (atmosphere-nx) after first taking a backup of boot0&1 and the emmc full raw. At that time I was on 8.0.1.
All was fine until I purchased pokemon shield, this refused to be played due to the gamecard update, so I decided to update to (at that time the available version 9.0.1).
At this time emunand came to my attention and so I switched now to emunand on the SD card and updated through choixdujour my emunand and sysnand.
I did ofcourse before doing the upgrade do a full backup of boot0&1 and full emmc raw.
So in Hekate I see 3 options when clicking launch:
1. Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC
2. Atmosphere FSS0 Sys
3. Stock Sys

I am in autoCRM and when in hekate when looking into console info and fuses info I see "Burnt fuses (0DM 7/6): 6 - 0"
I believe I have let the fuses burn for the gamecart issue as otherwise the game was unplayable, it kept saying no.
Afterwards it seemed more the issue of the SDcard being in exfat rather than fat32 and the issue nintendo has with this filesystem.

Onto the real question, recently we bought starlink and there is a download involved... you hear me coming i guess. I don't dare to go online atm.
What would be my best course of action to actually get the download? Boot into Stock Sys and get the download with a risk of getting banned?
I can revert to an OLD clean nand but since the fuses might be burnt (and I think they are), what would be the impact and could I get back to a running system with all save ganes intact?
I did do a backup of my saveganes using Edizon.
If banned can you still download official content? I understand that online play is impossible and the e-shop then but I don't do that anyway.

If I download while running stock sys, I presume the content will be available also when running in CFW?
As savegames seem to be sepperate (what I understand ofcourse since one is using internal emmc while emunand the SD card.

Thanks in advance for any constructive replies. And again first time poster here but I have been reading alot and searching, however can't realy find a good definitive answer to my specific situation.
If I missed some crucial info, sorry for that, ask and i'll provide.
Restoring your clean NAND is your best bet.

Viga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
First off, thanks for your reply.
Followup question: What about the fuses if I restore the OLD (4.x) clean boot0+1 and full raw nand?

I mean, Do I restore, create an emunand and install the 9.x firmware with choidujour on both sys and emu? Would this be OK then?

Last edited by Viga,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, thanks for your reply.
Followup question: What about the fuses if I restore the OLD (4.x) clean boot0+1 and full raw nand?

I mean, Do I restore, create an emunand and install the 9.x firmware with choidujour on both sys and emu? Would this be OK then?
You can always bypass the fuse check by booting through RCM as all custom bootloaders do so. Also ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.1

Viga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Right I see, but if i'm restoring to an old, not tampered with boot0+1 and raw emmc, I have lost my saves right?
Once I do the restore, I understand that I can boot in RCM (I can always do this since it's unpatched) but it won't allow me to upgrade to the 9.x OFW right? Since booting normally will not pass the fusecheck? Or do you suggest booting the OFW from the Hekkate menu?

Sorry for all these questions, but I want to know fully what I'm getting into before jumping in.
Also if the restore fails, if I took a backup (again boot0+1 and full raw nand) could I then simply restore this and be right back where i'm at now without downsides?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right I see, but if i'm restoring to an old, not tampered with boot0+1 and raw emmc, I have lost my saves right?
Once I do the restore, I understand that I can boot in RCM (I can always do this since it's unpatched) but it won't allow me to upgrade to the 9.x OFW right? Since booting normally will not pass the fusecheck? Or do you suggest booting the OFW from the Hekkate menu?

Sorry for all these questions, but I want to know fully what I'm getting into before jumping in.
Also if the restore fails, if I took a backup (again boot0+1 and full raw nand) could I then simply restore this and be right back where i'm at now without downsides?
Yes your saves are lost if you did not back them up with a homebrew application in advance. And you can boot Stock mode via Hekate. Lastly, if you were dump your BOOT0/BOOT1 as well as your full raw NAND now before restoring the old ones, you can return to your current state after restoring the old ones.

Viga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the clarification,

Just for my understanding, full raw nand means also that the saves are backed up right? Or are they somewhere else?
I know that I have some on my emunand, so that's the SD card, but but on official it's on the sysnand right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the clarification,

Just for my understanding, full raw nand means also that the saves are backed up right? Or are they somewhere else?
I know that I have some on my emunand, so that's the SD card, but but on official it's on the sysnand right?
Saves are included in the NAND backup.

SANICspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
if I understand it right, you just want to update your games, without connecting to Ns servers, right? why dont you make it easy for yourself, download hbg-shop and just install the gameupdates from there? I dont condone piracy but with this I solved my problem where to get gameupdates on cfw.
..but maybe I misread ur question since I bought Starlink aswell and didnt need to download anything to play the game. :o

Viga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
if I understand it right, you just want to update your games, without connecting to Ns servers, right? why dont you make it easy for yourself, download hbg-shop and just install the gameupdates from there? I dont condone piracy but with this I solved my problem where to get gameupdates on cfw.
..but maybe I misread ur question since I bought Starlink aswell and didnt need to download anything to play the game. :o

Hi,

Indeed I just want the gameupdates... now with starlink there is a 6GB download to be done to get into space I understood... this is where we are blocked now. So I'm afraid to just go online and get the download with my switch in it's current state.

SANICspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Indeed I just want the gameupdates... now with starlink there is a 6GB download to be done to get into space I understood... this is where we are blocked now. So I'm afraid to just go online and get the download with my switch in it's current state.

Nevermind you do need an update to play starlink sry, remembered wrong.

if you are afraid to go onlline in general on cfw do this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/

if you want easy gameupdates research hbgshop(linking to piracyshit is forbidden) install it, and download updates from there.

if you want gameupdates while avoiding piracy create a seperate EmuEmmc to run alongside your ofw for online play, download gameupdates nativle from N servers on ofw, and extract them somehow via some title installer on cfw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...