Hacking Question Help regarding bluescreen

macadoodledee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Background: I clicked update by accident when trying to start a game and it left me with black screens on both ofw and cfw. I restored my nand without boot1 and boot0 thinking it would fix it but my real solution was a corrupted ad card so I re installed my files onto my sd card and boom I was able to boot into CFW.

Reason of problem: I didnt know restoring a NAND without the matching boot files was gonna cause problems at the time.

Problem: I cant boot into OFW it's just a blue screen. I can boot into CFW fine with hekate or fusee.

Version: 8.0.1 and i am using atmosphere.

1. Is there a way I can generate boot files based off that NAND?

2. I've tried going into OFW with and without Auto RCM and through hekate

3. Can I just use choidejour on the switch to update to 8.1.0 and that will fix my problem of not being able to boot into OFW?

If I can fix this problem I know how to clean the nand with memloader and hacdisk and then use OFW for legit stuff and emuMMC for the CFW side of things

D

Deleted User

Which version was your NAND? If it requires lower fuses than your current fuses that might be the reason only hekate boots into the os. Since switches bootloader checks the fuses before booting, hekate skips that. Can you give us a screenshot or something?

macadoodledee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version was your NAND? If it requires lower fuses than your current fuses that might be the reason only hekate boots into the os. Since switches bootloader checks the fuses before booting, hekate skips that. Can you give us a screenshot or something?
Hey man sorry for a late reply and thank you for taking a second to help. My backup nand is 8.0.1 just like my current. once i got the switch i immediatly updated to 8.0.1 using the settings, then i put CFW on it, sx os (unfortunately) and then learned more and more and have been on atmosphere for a while now with kosmos hekate. Here is an image of the fuse stuff. i know what burnt fuses mean but i dont know how to make sense of this.

Attachments

• fuses.jpg
    fuses.jpg
    679.9 KB · Views: 1,466
D

Deleted User

Hey man sorry for a late reply and thank you for taking a second to help. My backup nand is 8.0.1 just like my current. once i got the switch i immediatly updated to 8.0.1 using the settings, then i put CFW on it, sx os (unfortunately) and then learned more and more and have been on atmosphere for a while now with kosmos hekate. Here is an image of the fuse stuff. i know what burnt fuses mean but i dont know how to make sense of this.
Your Fusee count isn't right...

8.0.1 has 9 fuses

8.1.0 has 10 fuses

Update using choi with autorcm, without it you will burn even more fuses.

You currently have 10 fuses.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: macadoodledee

macadoodledee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can turn off Auto-RCM after that.
thank you very much man hopefully this thread can help otthers with the same issue. i was able to get into OFW clean the sysnand with hacdiskmount and memloader and am now enjoying online play on warframe and have CFW on emunand. All it took was your suggestion of running choidujour on switch and updating the firmware, then turning off auto rcm to load into OFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1