Help Regarding Backing Up Files on PS3 and PSN

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Leo Cantus, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Leo Cantus
    OP

Member Leo Cantus So zeta slow!

United Kingdom
    I found that I am getting the new PS3 slim. So understandably, I want to backup files on my PS3. I tried to back them all up but I dont have enough space on the memory stick I have (4gb, completely empty). So I decided I will just back up the game saves, so all I do is just copy the game save of inFAMOUS onto the memory stick and other saves - killzone, lbp. I dont have any music, videos or pictures, just themes which I dont mind downloading again. When I get my new Slim, how do I transfer the files on the memory stick to the PS3, and will it all run smoothly?

Now onto PSN. Obviously I want my PSN account on my new console, so what steps do I need to follow. Would I have to de - activate it on my original PS3 first (and how?), then will I just have to put it on the new console and it will work?

Thanks - I am new to this.

2. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    If you've got the saves on your SD, put it in the slim, goto Game and Saves > SD then press triangle over each save and copy, that copys them to the harddrive, you don't need to worry about your PSN, you click "Sign up for Playstation Network" Onceclicked you have the option to use a previous account, use your drtails and you'll have your account, and you can download all the PSN Titles/DLC Again by going on the Store then Downloads.

3. rustybanana

Member rustybanana GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    There are a few saves that wont copy, Killzone is one of them! Most are fine though, I think burnout will also break if you use it on another console other than the one it was created on [​IMG]

4. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Burnout and killzone copy accross fine for me.

5. Mucuna

Member Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Another way (wich I chose) is to delete every video, music, pictures files, delete all demos and uninstall all the games PRESERVING THE SAVE GAMES.

Then, I did the back up. Took less than 3Gb.