Hacking Help re my R$ card please

cherrypie556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N5 not a R$ as the title suggests.

Right i have trailed through this forum for the past hour and tried all the arm 7fix and the dslazy but i cannot understand it at all and how to go about getting the games to work for my son. I am getting sick to death of trying things and failing and having a whinging child because games arn't working anymore. So can someone please give me a step by step guide on how to put a fix on my N5 card, without having a go at me and calling me just because i don't understand something.

Thanks

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cherrypie556 said:
I have a N5 not a R$ as the title suggests.

Right i have trailed through this forum for the past hour and tried all the arm 7fix and the dslazy but i cannot understand it at all and how to go about getting the games to work for my son. I am getting sick to death of trying things and failing and having a whinging child because games arn't working anymore. So can someone please give me a step by step guide on how to put a fix on my N5 card, without having a go at me and calling me just because i don't understand something.

Thanks

which games and we could maby advise better and tell you which arm7 should make it work
smile.gif

N5 is an R4 clone so any guides for patching games for R4 games would/should work
smile.gif

make sure you have the latest loader on the N5 mem card

latest is available 1.27 from the N5 website here

cherrypie556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Thanks for that. Theres a few games that i haven't been able to get to work and the one at the mo is Peppa pig. I just don't understand how to install the arm etc onto the N5 card as no matter what instructions i try nothing is working.

Thanks

cherrypie556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya, thanks

I have already tried this guide and have downloaded what i need but i get stuck on....

Click the ... button and browse for your Name Of Rom Here.nds file.. Click OK whats the ... button

Click on NDS UNPACK and that will bring up a folder.. doesn't exsist and no folder either

Next, we have to copy the arm7.bin file into this folder that has popped up.. Replace the one that is already there..- Nothing to replace

Next, we will click on NDS PACKER and choose a place to re-pack that folder (desktop again for example)

Where i get my games from, some come zipped and some don't and the ones that do once unpacked all the folder contains is the .ndsfile, nothing else so no popping up folder etc

cherrypie556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also just put the 1.27 update on (did it again just to make sure it was on) and now when turn ds on, the title screen is in French and nothing happens???

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cherrypie556 said:
Also just put the 1.27 update on (did it again just to make sure it was on) and now when turn ds on, the title screen is in French and nothing happens???

get the english version from here

click N5 then click the link for english 1.27
smile.gif

cherrypie556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Have formatted my sd card too so it all works again, well except the new games lol. Take it the best thing is to scrap the N5 card now, so what do i get instead? Seem to be lots on the market now and unsure which one is the best. The ds is only used to play games.

Thanks for your help!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cherrypie556 said:
Thanks. Have formatted my sd card too so it all works again, well except the new games lol. Take it the best thing is to scrap the N5 card now, so what do i get instead? Seem to be lots on the market now and unsure which one is the best. The ds is only used to play games.

Thanks for your help!

theres a few video guides on youtube search for ARM7 FIX or ARM7 PATCH they may help you to fix some games
smile.gif

if your unhappy with the N5 then keep it as a spare they may release fixes in time for it or pass it on to someone else after all it will still play quite a lot of games still
smile.gif

recommended cards are AceKard 2.1 (pretty cheap now at Deal Extreme) and M3 REAL and CYCLODS followed by SCONE (supercard one) and then the rest such as Edge etc and many many R4/N5 clones too!

there are also TTDS (top toy ds) cards but I would avoid them as there's even clones of those doing the rounds
frown.gif

if your unsure just ask on this forum and all questions will be answered
smile.gif

cherrypie556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right found a video guide but its in German. Understand some of it and opened curlys guide again to follow. Im stuck where it says

Next, we have to copy the arm7.bin file into this folder that has popped up.. Replace the one that is already there.. where is the original arm7.bin that i have to copy into the folder?

viksmart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude just buy the games don't steal them and then try to use them with a crappy flash cart. It is not our fault that you have no control over your kid. I think you made up this b/s about your kid whining so people would help you LAME. Flashcarts are not for consumers they steal money from developers of video games. They are for hobbyist who toy with the hardware(homebrew) and for some to test out games before they buy them. Your just sick.......

*Edit: Have we become worse than pirates? KOBY don't help him your just aiding to the selling of cheap cloned flash carts your actions are more futile than you think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...