Gaming Help Randomize Pokemon

DevynPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, as my last thread was deleted, without being answered, I'll write a new one.
Anytime I try to randomize any pokemon game for the 3ds, and play it, it either gives me a crash dump, black screens, or the game itself crashes.
I tried to randomize my games that I have physical copies for, but they gave crash dumps, and I've given up trying to solve that issue.
My pokemon Moon (which is virtual) works better in that sense. I can dump it and fully randomize it to my liking, but when I tried to launch it, I got 2 problems:
1. When I randomized it, which worked, and put the code.bin from SaltySD's files into the folder (in the right spot) the game upon attempting to launch would get a black screen, and the only way to fix it would be to turn off the 3ds.
2. When I used my own .code.bin (and changed the name to code.bin) from the randomizing, the game would launch, but upon reaching the Pokemon Moon screen (after the Lillie scene) the game would crash and Nintendo would give me an error.

Sorry this is a little vague, writing early in the morning.
Please help, I've been trying to randomize my games for months, and I've received no insight.

P.S. I have the latest versions of Luma, godmode9, PK3ds, and everything else.

Reactions: MrMcTiller

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, as my last thread was deleted, without being answered, I'll write a new one.
Anytime I try to randomize any pokemon game for the 3ds, and play it, it either gives me a crash dump, black screens, or the game itself crashes.
I tried to randomize my games that I have physical copies for, but they gave crash dumps, and I've given up trying to solve that issue.
My pokemon Moon (which is virtual) works better in that sense. I can dump it and fully randomize it to my liking, but when I tried to launch it, I got 2 problems:
1. When I randomized it, which worked, and put the code.bin from SaltySD's files into the folder (in the right spot) the game upon attempting to launch would get a black screen, and the only way to fix it would be to turn off the 3ds.
2. When I used my own .code.bin (and changed the name to code.bin) from the randomizing, the game would launch, but upon reaching the Pokemon Moon screen (after the Lillie scene) the game would crash and Nintendo would give me an error.

Sorry this is a little vague, writing early in the morning.
Please help, I've been trying to randomize my games for months, and I've received no insight.

P.S. I have the latest versions of Luma, godmode9, PK3ds, and everything else.
A few things could be happening. For one, did you dump the game, randomize it, then build a new cia? Or are you using LayeredFS?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, what you might want to do is:

1: Build a CIA of the randomized game

2: If that doesn't work, try using Luma3DS's LayeredFS. More info here

3: If that doesn't work, it could be that whatever you are randomizing is getting corrupt.

4: And if you are randomizing a LOT of the game, it could be that the 3DS doesn't have enough RAM to process the randomized features. There is currently not fix for that.

DevynPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few things could be happening. For one, did you dump the game, randomize it, then build a new cia? Or are you using LayeredFS?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, what you might want to do is:

1: Build a CIA of the randomized game

2: If that doesn't work, try using Luma3DS's LayeredFS. More info here

3: If that doesn't work, it could be that whatever you are randomizing is getting corrupt.

4: And if you are randomizing a LOT of the game, it could be that the 3DS doesn't have enough RAM to process the randomized features. There is currently not fix for that.
I haven't been using a randomized cia, the method I was using was layeredFS, also on my latest randomization, i hardly randomized anything. since I have a digital copy of moon, do I have to delete it for the cia to work properly?

Last edited by DevynPlays,

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, my issue is that the game corrupts when I dump it. Can I get step-by-step instructions on dumping a physical game cartridge?
If you use GodMode9 or Decrypt9, there should be an option to dump the cartridge to CIA or 3DS. You can dump to 3DS and convert to CIA. Or just dump to CIA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol