Hacking HELP, R4 STOPPED WORKING!!

AstralkunEx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
PLEASE HELP ME, I'VE SEARCHED ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND NO SOLUTION POSSIBLE, my r4 is a R4i RTS with the "new" word in it, it has no screw in the back, the paper fix is another thing, as it worked before, but not in this case (the folded paper is still there), it is no possible problem with the sd, as it's supposed to still show and just say "loading" when no sd card is in it, i already tested with my 3ds, my DSi and my DS Fat, all the same thing, the r4 doesn't show, before that this happened, i changed the firmware/kernel to r4i-sdhc due to a feature it has (wifi connection and auto patch to ds download), but it froze in loading, so then i powered off my ds fat and put back my own r4 archives, just to find out that any of my ds's wont recognize it, help please (and also its not timebomb either)

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First of all, you shouldn't have tried that kernel if it didn't belong to the exact same r4. That it has a similar name means nothing. The reference point is always the website it belongs to.

Some older flashcarts, if you try to install a software that is not theirs, will brick: unfortunately that seems to be your case.

Anyway, are you sure you have reinstalled all the old kernel/firmware files?
Does the DS game icon, that appears in the DS menu when you usually insert an r4, still show up? If you can't see it, unfortunately the r4 is bricked.

However nowadays flashcarts are much cheaper and much more compatible than the old ones. Buy another one and don't think about it anymore.:wink:

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
PLEASE HELP ME, I'VE SEARCHED ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND NO SOLUTION POSSIBLE, my r4 is a R4i RTS with the "new" word in it, it has no screw in the back, the paper fix is another thing, as it worked before, but not in this case (the folded paper is still there), it is no possible problem with the sd, as it's supposed to still show and just say "loading" when no sd card is in it, i already tested with my 3ds, my DSi and my DS Fat, all the same thing, the r4 doesn't show, before that this happened, i changed the firmware/kernel to r4i-sdhc due to a feature it has (wifi connection and auto patch to ds download), but it froze in loading, so then i powered off my ds fat and put back my own r4 archives, just to find out that any of my ds's wont recognize it, help please (and also its not timebomb either)
what is the website on the PCB of your R4? thisd for then we might be able to repair yours, R4 names, casings and stickers don't say that much, and the names are stolen... there are at least 16 different models that are not innerchangable... if you didn't overwrite the firmware there's a good chance we can bring it back alive, and maybe even an unofficial wood update or so.

Edu_sombra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Have you been able to boot it? Could you show what files are on your root, I'm having a similar problem, the screen flashes Loading for a second and then it turns white.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The arcade version is so fun but the ports yikes lol