Hacking [help] Problem with N3ds xl gateway

ScareCrow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a new 3ds xl us already install gateway exploit and it runs perfect . Just this morning , i did this :

"Problem: After the installation of a .cia file, you must “unwrap” the application after every boot
Solution: Remove your internal SD card and Gateway Red cart. Power the system on and do a system format from the System Settings menu. Once finished, power the system down and replace the SD card and Gateway Red cart. Power the system back on and test again. "

It's on gateway menu guide . I did exactly every steps and now i can't boot to gateway mode . Do i suppose to install all over again ? I don't own cubic ninja . Thank you for all your helps.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
there is no need to do a system format, unwrap gift problem is because the cia is not the same region as the console and the cia is not region free
not sure about the other problem

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The unwrap bug is a result of the Sysnand and Emunand being linked. He already solved that problem though.

Can you tell me more detail ? Sorry i'm noob . Thank you

Did you install the bluecardfix.cia while you were downgrading the Mset on your N3ds originally? Does your N3ds recognize and boot the Gateway Blue card?

ScareCrow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The unwrap bug is a result of the Sysnand and Emunand being linked. He already solved that problem though.

Did you install the bluecardfix.cia while you were downgrading the Mset on your N3ds originally? Does your N3ds recognize and boot the Gateway Blue card?

Yes , i did . I already install Nvram and Mset . But i did following the gateway guide and i didn;t use Blue card . Installed Mset cia by using Devmenu .

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, got the rop installer to work with this :P Attached.

I can only test on USA n3ds so, EU and JPN let me know if it works for you too.

If not, please install the GW menu NVRAM installer then immediatly dump your DS profile with this app
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-nvram-flash-manager.383838/
and send it to me (just the last 0x200 bytes of your nvram, i don't want to know your wifi password :P )

Edit:
I forgot to mention that only the first option " 9.x Launcher.dat " will work on the new3ds. The others are for the old 3ds.
N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds = New3ds (1st option only, other 3 options are for old 3ds)
ROPInstaller_GWU.nds = old3ds (everything old3ds)

The rop installer will NOT run homebrew* on the new3ds. This new rop chain for 3.2 is radically different despite exploiting the 4.5 old 3ds settings app.

*kinda true, it will run user-mode rop under the downgraded 4.5 mset app on any new/old 3ds model on 9.x (developers only) If this statement confused you, then you should probably just ignore it.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3-2-ultra-public-beta.387635/page-46#post-5470358

Edit 2: slight update, rop chains were a little long before now they're just right. shouldn't change stability but you never know. also, source updated to reflect n3ds addition.

Download and place the folder in ROPInstaller_N3DS.zip onto a mSD & put it in your Blue Gateway card.
Insert the Blue Gateway into your N3ds
Launch the game and open ROPInstaller folder
Launch & choose the 9.x option

It'll install the exploit and restart the n3ds, from there you can boot to gateway using the profile exploit.
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/ropinstaller_n3ds-zip.18563/

Edit: Nvm didn't see that you didn't install the Bluecard fix. Which means you cannot use your Blue Gateway card atm & you need either OOT or CN to boot back to your gateway menu.

ScareCrow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay . thank you very much . So i need to boot all over again . Maybe gateway guide menu should remove that "unwrap problem " .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*