[help] Problem with N3ds xl gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ScareCrow, Jul 16, 2015.

1. ScareCrow
    OP

ScareCrow Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    I have a new 3ds xl us already install gateway exploit and it runs perfect . Just this morning , i did this :

"Problem: After the installation of a .cia file, you must “unwrap” the application after every boot
    Solution: Remove your internal SD card and Gateway Red cart. Power the system on and do a system format from the System Settings menu. Once finished, power the system down and replace the SD card and Gateway Red cart. Power the system back on and test again. "

It's on gateway menu guide . I did exactly every steps and now i can't boot to gateway mode . Do i suppose to install all over again ? I don't own cubic ninja . Thank you for all your helps.

2. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    Insert your gateway blue card and reinstall the exploit. From there boot to emunand using the profile exploit.

3. ScareCrow
    OP

ScareCrow Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Can you tell me more detail ? Sorry i'm noob . Thank you

4. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    there is no need to do a system format, unwrap gift problem is because the cia is not the same region as the console and the cia is not region free
    not sure about the other problem

5. usernametaken

May 13, 2015
    United States
    The unwrap bug is a result of the Sysnand and Emunand being linked. He already solved that problem though.

Did you install the bluecardfix.cia while you were downgrading the Mset on your N3ds originally? Does your N3ds recognize and boot the Gateway Blue card?

6. ScareCrow
    OP

ScareCrow Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Yes , i did . I already install Nvram and Mset . But i did following the gateway guide and i didn;t use Blue card . Installed Mset cia by using Devmenu .

7. usernametaken

May 13, 2015
    United States
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Download and place the folder in ROPInstaller_N3DS.zip onto a mSD & put it in your Blue Gateway card.
    Insert the Blue Gateway into your N3ds
    Launch the game and open ROPInstaller folder
    Launch & choose the 9.x option

It'll install the exploit and restart the n3ds, from there you can boot to gateway using the profile exploit.
    https://gbatemp.net/attachments/ropinstaller_n3ds-zip.18563/

Edit: Nvm didn't see that you didn't install the Bluecard fix. Which means you cannot use your Blue Gateway card atm & you need either OOT or CN to boot back to your gateway menu.

8. ScareCrow
    OP

ScareCrow Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Okay . thank you very much . So i need to boot all over again . Maybe gateway guide menu should remove that "unwrap problem " .