Help please, some DSone .sav files not loading

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by elmnt61, Nov 19, 2009.

Nov 19, 2009
  1. elmnt61
    OP

Newcomer elmnt61 Member

United States
    Hi guys. I'm wondering why all of the sudden a few of my games aren't loading their .sav files. (Or maybe they are, but they are not working...)

For example, for Pokémon platinum, FF: chocobo Tales, and my Lameboy games, I am brought to the main menu which just has the option for "new game".

But for others, like DK racing, Chrono Trigger, most of the rest, everything is fine.

I had backed up my .savs a while ago, so I tried replacing some of the faulty ones, but it had no effect.

Could this have something to do with the newer firmware which I updated recently? I'm not exactly sure of the timeline of when i noticed the .savs not loading :/

I'm using a DSone with a 4GB A-Data Micro SD card, on my DS lite.

Thanks!!

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    It's probably because you put a new Pokémon game, a new Final Fantasy game etc on your card. Because of the SC's lame DOS .SAV file naming, the SC confuses them sometimes and makes you lose your save files [​IMG]

3. elmnt61
    OP

Newcomer elmnt61 Member

United States
    :/ I really don't think I did though... Pokemon Pl. is the newest game...

but you're right that these games are franchises.. with several iterations... that i have played in the past.

Any other ideas? Save size problems? Patch problems? Enabling/disabling stuff?

4. elmnt61
    OP

Newcomer elmnt61 Member

United States
    I'm still trying to figure this out. Can anyone shed some light?

My .sav files didn't get turned into the truncated versions like POKEMO~1.sav or anything like that, so why would they have gotten mixed up?

5. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    There's still a save file problem, IIRC. Try renaming .sav to .SAV and see if that works. I haven't had problems with saving yet.

6. Overlord Nadrian

Belgium
    Tried the Evolution OS yet?

7. elmnt61
    OP

Newcomer elmnt61 Member

United States
    I actually installed the new firmware and now my Chocobo Tales works! Hm. Too bad the one I'm really after is Pokemon Platinum. :/ But that's nice to have. I tried changing the .sav to .SAV, but didn't seem to help. Lameboy games haven't come back either.

Yesterday I read something about the Pokemon Plat requiring 1MB save file, and if I had a smaller one, then the save file would become corrupt when it reaches capacity as I progress through the game. Has that happened to anyone else?

8. Overlord Nadrian

Belgium
    Hasn't happened to me yet, but just keep your saves at the 2M/4M, you can never go wrong with that.

9. LittleBigMods

Member LittleBigMods GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was going to suggest that, too. I haven't had any problems on the new release of the EOS.