Help oot3dhax error

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Elsaca (caca), Apr 15, 2016.

1. Elsaca (caca)
    OP

Elsaca (caca) Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Well basically i just dont know what to do, i did all the steps correctly, using oot3dhax with hombrew and i get this:
    Looks like something went wrong :(
    Current status:
    Failed to open http context
    Error code: D8A0A01E

please help i cant find anything on the internet, dont insult me please, move this thread if it is not on the right spot please

2. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    is the error from the installer or the game?

3. Red9419

Red9419 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2014
    Do you have internet on the 3Ds? Have you deleted all the saves on the card by pressing XYBA on start?

4. Elsaca (caca)
    OP

Elsaca (caca) Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Yes it has internet, and yes I deleted all the saves on the card, and tried it in 2 diferent oot games, one was new

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

From the installer, i tried it in 2 different oot games and the same error occurs

5. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    try connecting to another router, say a public wifi spot like starbucks?

6. Elsaca (caca)
    OP

Elsaca (caca) Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    t might be a good idea but i dont think i have any problems with my internet, here is a pic of the problem

Attached Files:

7. Red9419

Apr 17, 2014
    If you havent yet, download the latest starter kit on the homberew launcher website and get the installer from there. I also got that error and it was because i had no internet.

8. Elsaca (caca)
    OP

Elsaca (caca) Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    mmm but i got internet, the yellow light is on, and i also play online pokemon in my cfw and no problems, maybe the way i am launching hombrew is wrong? i launch it like this pic

Attached Files:

9. Red9419

Apr 17, 2014
    Same thing happened to me. Load the home menu first until you see the top left corner turn blue and say you have internet, then go into the homebrew launcher

10. Elsaca (caca)
    OP

Elsaca (caca) Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    well, you were right, the icon in the top left corner shows me i dont have internet, i dont know why, supposedly it should work, internet connection is enabled and the yellow light in the 3ds is on, thanks a lot for the help, i will have to navigate to find why this is happening

11. Red9419

Apr 17, 2014
    Make sure your router is connected to your 3ds. Check in the internet settings

12. Elsaca (caca)
    OP

Elsaca (caca) Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    yes it is, as i said earlier i can play games online and use the internet browser without any problems, still i dont know why in the hombrew launcher i dont got internet :/

13. Red9419

Apr 17, 2014
    Make sure you have the latest boot.3dsx and payload. Also like i said before wait in the homemenu untill it says you have internet then go into the homebrew launcher. It solved my problem

14. Elsaca (caca)
    OP

Elsaca (caca) Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Sorry for being such a noob, but if I go to homemenu and cofirms i have internet, how do i launch hombrew launcher? because i am in 10.7.0 and browserhax isnt working so the QR doesnt work, the only way i know how to get into hombrew launcher is in the purple menu when i turn on my console, also what was the payload? i forgot what was that, sorry for being such a burden man, i got the last boot.3dsx

15. Red9419

Apr 17, 2014
    How are you running menuhax? It was patched in 10.7. Are you running cfw?

16. Elsaca (caca)
    OP

Elsaca (caca) Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    I dont know much about this, I just did the downgrade in 10.3 and since then the only thing i has done is play games free in my CFW and doing offline updates to play online, so i dont know very much about menuhax and all those stuff, i have a N3DS with reinand and as i said before i run it by waiting 5 secs in the purple menu to run my CFW so i can play my games, i got the latest version of reinand 10.7.0. The only thing i did was that i copied the starter pack in the 3ds folder so i could run the oot3dshax

17. Red9419

Apr 17, 2014
    Download and install the homebrew launcher cia from here. Once installed, launch the installed cia once you know your wifi is on (top left corner). It should launch the homebrew launcher so launch the installer. It should work.

Elsaca (caca) likes this.
  18. Elsaca (caca)
    OP

Elsaca (caca) Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    man, YOU are the real mvp, thanks A LOT for the help, I already did the oot3dhax, you my friend are a life saver, thanks a lot for the patience and help!!!!

Red9419 likes this.
  19. Red9419

Apr 17, 2014
    Glad i could help :)

Elsaca (caca) likes this.