Homebrew Help on using Wii U Pro Controller on Nintendont (vWii)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi Pedro,

I have already done that, tried all the basics under the sun before reaching out here; does not work.

WUPC does not sync when in nintendont or any vWii homebrew apps.
I have re-sync'd the hell out of WUPC in vWii and WiiU menu as mentioned above, both before and after running Haxchi.

None of these work, controller simply powers off when in vWii homebrew/nintendont, pressing A, +, sync does nothing.

Changing wii mote from P1 to P2 and vice versa also has no effect; WUPC still disconnected.

Basically same symptoms as a 3rd party controller.

Bizarre.
you sure its not a good fake? did you bought it new? did it come with the box?

what type of screws does it have? triwing screws or regular ones? take a picture of your batery cover on the back of the controller.

Last edited by pedro702,

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Where is the ref button?

Going to nintendont directly through HC is a bit of a contradiction... I can either:
  1. Wii U -> Haxchi -> Nintendont forwarder.
    1. Gamepad: yes.
    2. Gamepad: no. Wii mote works only.
  2. Wii U -> Haxchi -> vWii > Nintendont forwarder.
  3. Wii U -> Haxchi -> vWii -> Homebrew channel -> nintendont.
  4. Wii U -> Haxchi -> Homebrew Launcher -> HBL2HCL -> Nintendont.
I have exhausted all above options and am reaching out once more.
WUPC disconnects as soon as I open vWii homebrew channel or any vWii homebrew for the matter. Wii mote stays sync'd as player 2.

Controller is official as far as I can tell, has Wii U logo, model number, nintendo support and all.
View attachment 219988
View attachment 219989
View attachment 219990
It seems you have a counterfeit Wii U pro controller, look at the power button in the image, the red power icon is not centered and the joysticks look very different compared to the original. Nintendont is very picky with non official controllers sadly.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It seems you have a counterfeit Wii U pro controller, look at the power button in the image, the red power icon is not centered and the joysticks look very different compared to the original. Nintendont is very picky with non official controllers sadly.
now that you say it i see it too, his power buttons inst even centered on the controller, and i bet all his screws are all normal screws and not trywing screws that nintendo uses, its a fake controller for sure.

So yeah fake ass controllers usualy dont work on nintendont or homebrew in general, never buy fakes, get official ones.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once bought a fake pro controller for the wii u. the box was slightly smaller, and the dead giveaway was the dpad. it didn't feel like the quality you'd expect from nintendo.

nethugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey all,

Thanks for the reaponse, however I'm not entirely convinced my controller is fake from a print of the power icon.

I've attached another close photo for your inspection.

Can you provide any other clues/deductions which would be indicative of whether it is genuine or not?

For those asking, these controllers were included in my score from Gumtree.

Have done a google image search of official WUPC and my controller is identical. Not sure what you're on about with the joysticks?
20200805_183348.jpg
20200805_183302.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be smudged off. my wii u model number sticker is scratched up. anyway, the part right below it, the elongated oval, it should say nintendo in the center of it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

like this. I have my wii u pro controller out, since I'm playing tropical freeze:

20200805_034939_HDR.jpg

Reactions: nethugo

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey all,

Thanks for the reaponse, however I'm not entirely convinced my controller is fake from a print of the power icon.

I've attached another close photo for your inspection.

Can you provide any other clues/deductions which would be indicative of whether it is genuine or not?

For those asking, these controllers were included in my score from Gumtree.

Have done a google image search of official WUPC and my controller is identical. Not sure what you're on about with the joysticks?
View attachment 220295 View attachment 220296
fake controller for sure, the space should say nintendo under the sticker and says nothing, also your sticker is nothing like the original stickers.

Last edited by pedro702,

nethugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Excellent pick up guys! Mystery solved!! Thank goodness for that, really appreciate the help guys.

I am furious about my buy now as I got this set with the intents of playing MGS Twin Snakes again from the couch since my gamecube is broken atm...

Now I know this might be a long shot, but anyway I can tether and use these fake controllers with nintendont?

Reactions: zerofalcon

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Excellent pick up guys! Mystery solved!! Thank goodness for that, really appreciate the help guys.

I am furious about my buy now as I got this set with the intents of playing MGS Twin Snakes again from the couch since my gamecube is broken atm...

Now I know this might be a long shot, but anyway I can tether and use these fake controllers with nintendont?
nope, nintendont bt code is a very complicated code, and the handshake this fake controllers use just inst compatible with it, so unless you are a great codeer and want to rewrite the entire bt code on nintendont you are out of luck, also before you ask wiiupro controllers only work through bt even when wired so there is nothing to be done, just save it for wiiu games, since its all it will work on.

nethugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
could be smudged off. my wii u model number sticker is scratched up. anyway, the part right below it, the elongated oval, it should say nintendo in the center of it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

like this. I have my wii u pro controller out, since I'm playing tropical freeze:

View attachment 220297

I was playing tropical freeze a couple of night ago, I like it more than Ghost of Tsushima, my goodness they've even included a cart stage, how good is it!?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was playing tropical freeze a couple of night ago, I like it more than Ghost of Tsushima, my goodness they've even included a cart stage, how good is it!?
btw if you ever buy an official wiiupro controller you will tell the stick and buttons are much smoother than the fakes, its a good purchase for wiiu , its worth the price as long as you make sure its a complete legit one, paid 35 for mine used on a GAME store and its worth every cent 80hour batery life and everything, im guessing your fake lasts like 2-4 hours at best if the batery isnt crapp yet.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

there's at least three cart stages. I'm pretty good at them, but I'm an expert with the rocket barrel. :D

nethugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
btw if you ever buy an official wiiupro controller you will tell the stick and buttons are much smoother than the fakes, its a good purchase for wiiu , its worth the price as long as you make sure its a complete legit one, paid 35 for mine used on a GAME store and its worth every cent 80hour batery life and everything, im guessing your fake lasts like 2-4 hours at best if the batery isnt crapp yet.
Cool!

Last edited by nethugo,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nethugo , if you like tropical freeze, you might like yooka laylee and the impossible lair on the switch (might be on ps4 too). I don't really like it too much, but people compare the two. I bought the game (haven't beaten it yet).

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Wait, there a way to use wiiu pro controller on wii?
If yes, how to do it?
Want to play gc games through nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wait, there a way to use wiiu pro controller on wii?
If yes, how to do it?
Want to play gc games through nintendont
you can use wiiu pro controller only inside nintendont on even the wii to do so you need

1 stay on your wii menu and press sync button on the wii and the wiiupro the controller will flash afew times and then shutdown since wii menu is not compatible with it, next go to your homebrew channel and start nintendont, on nintendont menu if you press A on wiiu pro it should already work from there fowarder.

Reactions: Rocker_89 and k7ra

Cyroko

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone. I just got a wii u and i cant get this damn pro controller to work in nintendont.

Only my wii u part is hacked, not my vwii part.

whether I go directly through nintendont or through a game directly injected on the console it does not work, the controller automatically disconnects when launching nintendont or the game installed, and does not want to synchronize again.

Of course, the gamepad and the wiimote synchronize them.

Did I do something wrong? should i hack my vwii part? Or is my controller just wrong?

Please help me, I don't want to play gamecube games with the big gamepad. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20201006_135239.jpg
    20201006_135239.jpg
    909.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 20201006_135249.jpg
    20201006_135249.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
Last edited by Cyroko,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the way my new pro controller looks. I have two black pro controllers, and the back text looks different between them. however, nintendont works with both of them.

Reactions: Cyroko

Cyroko

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks.

I even opened the controller when I got it to try and fix a button that wasn't clicking properly, and the battery inside appears to be official as well.

If the controller is good, where could my problem come from? do you have to hack the vwii part for this to work? Please thanks

Last edited by Cyroko,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte