Hacking [HELP?] noob questions about the wii, modchip and homebrew.

mhkwong

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everything... sorry about this. but recently brought a wii and i been searching this forum for days now and i've been itching to ask this here.

My wii is a PAL 3.1e and my serial begins with LEH1972XXXXXX. So it is a D2C2 chipset.
I know you need homebrew channel to install any kinda of backup loader (gamma).
and i also know that you need to do the twilight hack to install the homebrew channel and starfall to stop new firmware updates.

but
I want to ask,
1) what is the highest wii firmware i can go upto when installing homebrew channel?
2) do i still need backup loader to play games if i get my wii chipped? (planning on doing DIY with the solderless Wasabi Zero when it comes out)
3) will i still be able to play online with either backup loader or modchip installed?
4) when installing homebrew channel and if it bricks the wii, how do i unbrick it?
5) if i want to remove homebrew channel and backup loader channel, which software/program do i need to use?
7) is there a way to get Virtual Console stuff for free? if there is... how?
8) (i know this been asked lots too...) but which modchip is the best? im planning to buy the wasabi zero only because its new-ish. which modchip has the ejecting disk problem? does the old wasabi have that problem?

before you say.... yes i've searched and i got some answers too.... but most of them just confused me even more. so thats why i posted this.

thanks in advance.

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) The lastest release of HBC let you install it in system menu 3.4, you should stay in 3.2 though.
2) With Backup Loader u can play backups withuot modchip. A modchip is always better cause of read speed and compatibility, but cost money.
3) As December 08 you can play online using backups
4) HBC doesnt brick your wii, if u somehow brick it you must have installed starfall + TP hack + HBC(works only in 3.2)
5) You can use AnyTittleDeleter
7) Download wads for your own region and install them with WAD Manager
8) Idk i dont have modchip

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bin01 said:
1) The lastest release of HBC let you install it in system menu 3.4, you should stay in 3.2 though. RIGHT
2) With Backup Loader u can play backups withuot modchip. A modchip is always better cause of read speed and compatibility, but cost money. RIGHT
3) As December 08 you can play online using backups YOU COULD PLAY IN OCTOBER PRETTY WELL
4) HBC doesnt brick your wii, if u somehow brick it you must have installed starfall + TP hack + HBC(works only in 3.2) YOU NEED THOSE INSTALLED BEFORE, MAKE SURE YOU DO IF YOU WILL BE INSTALLING WADS
5) You can use AnyTittleDeleter RIGHT
7) Download wads for your own region and install them with WAD Manager RIGHT
8) Idk i dont have modchip GET A WASABI ZERO OR A D2PRO OR A CLONE OF D2PRO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F