Hacking Help needed with Dstti - Not used for a long time

cueballkrill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, this post has been moved from retroman's sticky as that thread is more of a thanks retroman place.. (fair enough!)

Anyway here it is again for the masses (with updates)

--------------------------
Hi,

Long term watcher of the board, I would also like to throw in my thanks to Retro for his work in keeping the DSTTi alive and kicking.

I do have a bit of a problem and I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the issue.

I have an official DSTTi card which has now been updated to the latest 1.4.1 firmware.

I have downloaded Retro's latest release, formatted my microsd card with Panasonics Formatter and have copied the files of the DSTT_DSTTi folder (TTMenu) to the root of my memory card.

I have so far tried two games which I have checked off of the "Working Clean Untrimmed Games List"
5401 - Sonic Colors (J) - v6.42 *NEW* & 5364 - Tron (E) - v6.42 *NEW* and they do not work.

Sonic will load, show a saving screen and then go white. I've also tried a slightly older game "Metal Max 3" this is also the same. The game will load to a point and then instead of white the screen goes black.

I have tried some very old nds games which work fine.

Is there something that I am missing as to why these newer games refuse to fully load?

Thanks in advance,

Cue

-----------------------------------

Update - Since then I have tried updating Sonic with Rudolph's Universal "Child's Play" patch and there is still no change.
Have used the new "retroman" copy .18 on the dstti website and still have this problem.
All old games (few years old) work, I also have the Sprit tracks (zelda) working, but nothing that I have checked so far on the "Working Clean Untrimmed Games List" has worked.

------------------------------------

2nd Jan - I had another look at the retroman thread and he doesn't mention Rudolph's Patch only eNDryptS Advanced 1.2.

cueballkrill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Something else I have spotted.

I have two ds's both Japanese. One is a dsi and the other is a dsi xl.

Testing has been done on both machines.

The dsi is Ver 1.3J
The dsi xl is 1.4J

As far as I am aware my dstti cards are now both 1.4.1 ---- could this be the problem?

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
firmware version of the DSi/DSi XL or flashcard cant be responsable for game compatibility problem

cueballkrill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep totally genuine, checked and updated.

There must be something I am doing wrong. My older games (pre- new copy protection) all work fine on Retroman's package but the new games do not.

? In regards to the patcher, is there anything "special" that I need to do to get it to run correctly..... (maybe my problem is there) However, retroman's "Working Clean Untrimmed Games List" does give me the impression that nothing has to be done to the game/rom for it to work.

cueballkrill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
darkreaperofdreams said:
if you don't see such games in the fixed games list,you should totally wait till they're fixed dude

I'm only testing old games or games that are on the fixed list, nothing brand new.

cueballkrill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've just given Stevetry post on Rudolph's Universal "Child's Play" patch a try (he has Unofficial DSTT Kernel_v117a13_rev72(JAP).rar there) and now everything works.

Sonic and metal max run fine.

Strange one that....

Anyway thanks for the advice so far!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head