Help needed to unpack and pack a script file.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by TyRaNtM, Feb 10, 2011.

Feb 10, 2011
  1. TyRaNtM
    OP

Member TyRaNtM I did some projects..

Chile
    I need help unpacking and packing a script file in Inazuma Eleven EUR English.
    The files are compressed, and are really weird if you see that files in a hex editor.
    The files are LZ77, i suppose.

If you are a coder or at least have a experience with rom hacking, will be good if you can support us, because is nearly the only thing left to finish our project.

The files are in:
    script/en/evet.pkb
    script/en/evet.pkh
    script/en/mchat.pkb
    script/en/mchat.pkh

Or you can PM if you want the files alone.

2. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    quickbms might work for you on this you just have to be patient in writing the script file... partial one for xenoblade (same file name but not the same output - what you need to change).

Look up the faq for writing quickbms you will understand. I will be using the same type thing for unpacking some files for duel love. Just re-read fast6191's notes and use the saved table of offsets and filesize(s) from crystaltile2. it will be alot of work but it will be decompressed... recompressed I don't know how to do...

you will need to edit the fileid parts for sure. alot of other things too but you will have it decompressed.