Hacking Help needed, Sys. 4.3E and Letterbomb

kman999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I updated my wii to 4.3E. I then downloaded the Letterbomb with bootmii bundle. The install process was:-
1. Install HBC
2. Install bootmii as boot 2 and IOS
3. Prepare SD Card
4. Install Priiloader
5. Backup NAND

All the above works ok, but when I go into the bootmii main screen screen my contoller does nothing(on the controller the lights just flash). I have managed to backup the NAND and prepare the SD Card but still it does nothing (on the controller the lights just flash).

Also what would recommend for playing backup games from disc or do you think that USB is the best option??

I also tried to reinstall everything but still the same,

thanks

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can only navigate with the front buttons of your wii, or with a GameCube controller.

If you want to mod your Wii, use ModMii, it's an all in one solution. USB-loading is waaaaayyyy better then disc loading.

Reactions: 1 person

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Bootmii isn't supposed to work with the wiimote so you'll either have to use the power/reset buttons n the wii ior using a GameCube controller

I recemend using a backup loader if you have a spare hard drive lying around, as it provides high game compatibility and is much faster at loading games compared to discs. read this to get started

kman999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Perfect, thanks for the help so farm. I have manage to get the USB Drive and copy a game to it using the backup Manager. All looks ok, then I copied the USBLaoder GX onto my SD Card(IOS250.dol renamed to boot.dol) and plugged in the USB drive. I loaded the USB Laoder from HBS but it gives be an error this requires CISO 222. Have I missed something.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Of course you do . You need to install a cios for the usbloader to load . Just use Modmii to download the cios & install them using a wad manger . If don't have a clue about anything I said then just run modmii wizard & when it generate the guide skip the parts you already done .

kman999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all your help so far, I think I am nearly there. Followed Modmii and its has installed all the IOS and USB Loader, so what I have now is that when the wii reboot its goes to bootmii, I go into HBC. From Here I have copied over the USB Loader GX and click on that, when I go into it it says initilising SD Card and then says waiting for HDD . I have Freecom 500GB Toughbook. It is partitioned into 380GB for personal files (NTFS) and 120GB (FAT32) with all the wii file from ModMii Wizard.

It seems that when the wii boots up it goes into BOOTMII, if I go back to the Wii System Menu it gives me a blank screen with 4.3 EUR in bottom corner??? and if I remove the SD Card it goes straight into black screen with just 4.3 EUR on the bottom right

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well seems like something screwed up in the system menu & you are lucky to have bootmii@boot2 so you can still boot your wii . Try uninstalling/reinstalling priiloader if you are really booting from bootmii since some people tend to confuse bootmii with priiloader but if you are booting hbc from priiloader then say so & I will tell you another way to fix it .

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you enabled recovery mode hacks in priiloader. disable them. and for the bootmii thing theres a bootmii folder on your sd copy it to you computer and save it. the .end. also use cfg usbloader is is better then gx (wich sucks)

kman999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you enabled recovery mode hacks in priiloader. disable them. and for the bootmii thing theres a bootmii folder on your sd copy it to you computer and save it. the .end. also use cfg usbloader is is better then gx (wich sucks)

Hi the recovery mode in priiloader worked thanks your a star, could you explain the bootmii and the usbloader again. modmii did copy the usbloader folder but asked me to copy it to the USB not the SD Card.

I went back into the System Menu and went into USB loader, it said insert USB Drive, the screen went blank and then went back to system MEnu...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only navigate with the front buttons of your wii, or with a GameCube controller.

If you want to mod your Wii, use ModMii, it's an all in one solution. USB-loading is waaaaayyyy better then disc loading.

umm... not if you have an older wii with a mod chip. I have ZERO compatability issues using disc loading with hacked firmware+mod chip :)

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hi the recovery mode in priiloader worked thanks your a star, could you explain the bootmii and the usbloader again. modmii did copy the usbloader folder but asked me to copy it to the USB not the SD Card.

I went back into the System Menu and went into USB loader, it said insert USB Drive, the screen went blank and then went back to system MEnu...
lol thats just a forwarder. use modmii and grab cfg usbloader and wii backup manager and convert isos to wbfs then the channel will work. other then that if you have a bunch of retail discs you can install them using your wii no big deal. the bootmii thing. put the bootmii folder on your sd on to your computer and save it there or create a bootmii.ini file using modmii

terrifictroare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your help so far, I think I am nearly there. Followed Modmii and its has installed all the IOS and USB Loader, so what I have now is that when the wii reboot its goes to bootmii, I go into HBC. From Here I have copied over the USB Loader GX and click on that, when I go into it it says initilising SD Card and then says waiting for HDD .

Hi guys I have a similar problem as this, used letter bomb to set it all up but usb loader GX and CFG usbloader say they cannot detect the hard drive, this is my second time of modding doing it for a friend so I know my hard drive is ok as it works on my wii but his wont recognise it.

Have tried formating his new HDD as wbfs and fat32 and neither work.

As I said second go at this so have some very basic knowledge but am good at following instructions.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you sure the usb port is working? And you really installed the cios correctly? You can try it with a usb pen drive.

terrifictroare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure the usb port is working? And you really installed the cios correctly? You can try it with a usb pen drive.

Ok this is where you will have to humour me, do I just format the pen as wfbs and put a game on the same? also what Cios should I check has installed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5