Hacking Help Needed! Supercard Cheats

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
name it.... 2389.scc .... if you downloaded it from sccheats.co.uk it should already be named that way, just drop it in the scshell/cheats/ folder and make sure you have the latest ndsinfo.dat (also on jmr's site, overwrite the one in the scshell directory) and the cheat engine will automatically find the file.

or name it..... 2389 - Mega Man Star Force 2 - Zerker X Saurian (U).scc ... and put it in the same folder as the rom.

now before starting the game, highlight the rom and press 'x' now select patch options with the stylus and tick 'enable cheats' and save, then run the game...... alternatively you can press (L+x) and set cheats enabled globally.

zkamuiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks again lol
If it wasn't for the nds info update you told me I wouldn't have ever figured it out.
+ i did enable cheats but because I enabled other things as well it wasn't able to do cheats cuz I guess it interrupted it.
Oh and btw mine is the chinese version and I can't read chinese even though I am chinese XD.
maybe I should learn someday.
anyways thank you and keep up the good work Narin =)

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a full supporter of SCCheats but yesterday I booted up TT firmware and the cheat.dat is incredible.
The supercard dev team didn't do much for cheats, but thanks to expert hackers and vigilant code maintainers, I now have the best of both worlds.

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Narin said:
I'm current in the process of porting the Massive Cheat Database over to the Supercard cheat format. It should be ready soon.

*is now loyal worshipper of Narin*

grog.gif

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
The other biggest issue JMR pointed out is the lack of viewing for the cheat while in game. Supercard have a really bad interface for the cheat screen which shows limited characters for both the main cheat and sub cheats.

Meaning if there are 5 sub cheats for the one cheat you push "A" to cycle through:

EG: new Super Mario Bros.

Always Have It - OFF

Now, Always Have It - means Always have Item
If you push "A" to Cycle through the cheats you get Press R, Flower P, Mushroom, Blue She etc

As you can see it cuts off what you can see.

Press R IS REALLY - Press R Or L to Cycle Through Items

Without the txt file OR CHT file prior to conversion you have limited chances or working out what the cheat actually is.

This is a bad design for the cheat system which frustrates all SuperCard users. Just curious if a txt fiel for the cheats will be produced so wwe can see what each cheat actually is?

Hopefully I have made sense.

yunarREDblue

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
@fun_zephyr
but I dont think it's narin's job to fix that issue because that is supercard team's job.

what we can expect from narin is :
1. find how many characters will be shown on the cheat page
2. formulate a word(s) to describe the cheat in example on New Super Mario Bros >> instead of "Press R", we can change it to "R/L to Cycle" or something like that. I know it still not really helpful, but it's the best we can do until supercard team fixed this issue

@Narin
hope u can fixed the problem!
the webmaster on sccheats.co.uk/ has stopped his work and believe me, there's plenty of DS One user is waiting for ur miracle now
tongue.gif

hope its not a pressure I give u with my words cos I know it might be really complicated to make those scc files..

God Bless, kupo

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
jmr,

Happen to have info on the ndsinfo.dat file concerning how to edit and update it? Also do you have any instant messengers or the such, even possible an email address I can use to contact you?
smile.gif

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Narin,

As far as I am aware the ndsinfo.dat file is edited using a hex editor - I have no idea how to do this. Also the ndsinfo.dat tells the scdsone the name, header info, release number & save size of the roms on your memory card.

However - on the save side of things "all saves just auto save to 512kb (4mb) changing setting doent do anything anymore the save sizes in the ndsinfo.dat dont work any more its just a throw back from the first few loaders when it used to save to the right size i could set every game to 4kb & they would still save to 512kb (4mb)"

That was a response I previously got from JMR. I guess the main two functions of the ndsifo.dat is the gove the name, header info and release number. I guess the release number is needed for the cheat system to work by just using release_number.scc in the scshell\cheat folder.

Hope that helps in some way
smile.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solution to character problem:
Include InGameGuide with the InGameCheat that explains what each does. It's more work, but it's the easiest work around without having to deal with them fixing it which I doubt they will. As far as InGame stuff goes, they need to consume as little space as possible, remember? :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.