OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok folks, I searched and I searched and now I need the help of all of you. I want to add cheat support for Supercard DS One natively without the need to boot into another loader like the DSTT Menu. Now the problem is, the way the cheat engine in the Supercard is that it requires a compiles SCC file for each game. Now I have found some tools that will do this, but only if you want to convert the files one by one.

What I need from you, is either find me some better tools, preferably something that runs from the command line that will mass convert the cheats for me or create a simple program that does just that. Also any information on the SCC cheat file format, its data structure and so on would be really appreciated as well. You can find some tools, instructions and some already generated cheat files ar this site if you need some material to work with. http://sccheats.co.uk/

Any help in this matter is appreciated, so far I am drawing blanks. Perhaps if you come up dry, can you try contacting the Supercard developers and see if you get a response? Perhaps maybe asking for the source code t their cheat converting program to same from having to reverse engineer the file and making one through trial and error?

Sincerely,
The Cheat Master Moogle, AKA The cheating superhero, Datman!
Narin

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmmm......... well, as far as I can see, the only thing I can do is to help you convert those cheats. Typing @ and # for thousands of cheats is a pain, but I can't do anything more than that, I haven't learned coding yet.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Hmmm......... well, as far as I can see, the only thing I can do is to help you convert those cheats. Typing @ and # for thousands of cheats is a pain, but I can't do anything more than that, I haven't learned coding yet.
I can easily write a script to generate the text files, the problem is, converting those text files into SCC files without doing it one by one. We are talking about 80 games here so thats 800 files that need to be converted.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You can add multi .cht files to the cht2sccheat programme, just hit make cheat and add all .cht files at once by using the 'shift' or 'control' button.

But unfortunately the ar2cht programme can only add one file at a time, so a diff app is going to be needed to convert the .txt to .cht files.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, I know nothing about coding but if you want me to type to convert each then I'm happy to help.

I'm staying in this weeknd for the first time in months so obviously I'll be bored out of my mind.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jmr said:
heres a tool for converting USRCHEAT.DAT to .CHT then just batch convert the .CHT to .SCC with cht2supercardcheat.exe

http://www.zshare.net/download/146917580b60c435/

EDIT
you will have to rename every cheat as they will save with the header & CRC name

Hallo JMR mate
wink.gif

bout time you showed your face on the CHEATS FRONT over here
wink.gif

@Narin JMR is the guru behind sccheats website + updates
wink.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
jmr said:
heres a tool for converting USRCHEAT.DAT to .CHT then just batch convert the .CHT to .SCC with cht2supercardcheat.exe

http://www.zshare.net/download/146917580b60c435/

EDIT
you will have to rename every cheat as they will save with the header & CRC name
Hmm, you seem to be the Guru for Supercard cheats, interested in working together to make a more comprehensive cheat selection for the Supercard?

LionsFate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first time posting, but I've been using the cheats for a while, so figured I can try to contribute.

It looks like someone has already given you a pretty good way of automating it, though still need any help let me know?

I do have a question or two though - How do you currently do it?

Is it all maintained by hand? Or in a database, or ?

Reason I'm asking - I'm a programmer, mainly backend.
Primarily C, perl and the occasional PHP on unix systems.

I'm also fluent in various databases - PostgreSQL being my favorite (since its so easy to customize), and MySQL.

This system seems to me to scream of a database backend with a script that can on-demand output the database (or just select games) in whatever format the user wants?

jmr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hmm, you seem to be the Guru for Supercard cheats, interested in working together to make a more comprehensive cheat selection for the Supercard?
i would hardly call myself a GURU i just cut & paste AR codes cause no one else was doing it for the supercard line & was lucky to not get harassed by the code makers for using there codes i think cause the supercard is not so much in the limelight like the R4 (waiting to get harassed now)
i dont even use the .scc cheats as i use bliss's multi boot loader & run YSmenu with your .DAT
rolleyes.gif

with the tool i posted you should be able to get all your cheats done in a matter of seconds but you will have to take out the back light codes & rename every cheat luckily .CHT files can be read with notepad so you can look in them to find out what game it is & remove the back light code before you batch convert them to .SCC

another problem with the cheat system with the supercard line is the menu it has a letter limit of about 13 letters so anything after that is cut of so on SCcheats i have a txt file with the cheat so people can see what they have to do

you have 800 cheats in your dat if you can some people together you could have all your cheats converted & edited into .SCC in an afternoon

then i can shut down SCcheats cause there no point in having two places making cheats also ive only got 660 cheats & ive never really re-edited any of the old cheats when new ar codes come out

if you want me to help convert your 800 .CHT files im happy to do that just PM me or post here

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Maybe a team could get together a 'short' label the cheats, if the new v3.0 sp4 software doesn't fix the name length problem, which i'm almost certain it won't.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
sidneyyoung said:
Maybe a team could get together a 'short' label the cheats, if the new v3.0 sp4 software doesn't fix the name length problem, which i'm almost certain it won't.
I also doubt that it would be fixed with 3.0 sp4, but maybe somewhere in a not too distant future it would be fixed.

vt102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I also have a question about the supercard sdhc cheat file. What if I change the name of the .nds file? I do NOT like the numbers in front of the title, so I deleted them. How can I get the supercard cheats to work? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
vt102

check out sccheats.co.uk ,it's got tuts ready made files, everything you need including all the info.

but basically make your .scc file the same name as the rom (right click and choose rename in windows) and put it in the same folder as the rom...or call it 0001.scc (for example, whatever the rom no. is of the rom) and put it in the memcardroot: \scshell\cheats\ folder

GiRPwN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The name of the ROM doesn't matter. I think there is some internal code that selects that game with that cheat and etc. I use Rominator 2008 to rename all my games and so far its been working pretty well with the SCCHEATS database, but its really crappy cheats. No offense.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GiRPwN said:
The name of the ROM doesn't matter. I think there is some internal code that selects that game with that cheat and etc. I use Rominator 2008 to rename all my games and so far its been working pretty well with the SCCHEATS database, but its really crappy cheats. No offense.

what internal code might that be?? any codes from sccheats need to be browsed for and added manually!

are you sure that its not using the default cheats that come with the patcher?? some games automatically select the cheats that are in the ndscheat folder that comes with the installation of the patcher program and these use the game rom header taken from the rom itself to add the matching cheat from the ndscheat folders either chn or eng versions respectively which also are labelled by its header... doing it by numbering will never work as there are several renamers/listers/organisers out there and they ALL use different ways methods and numbering .. even the allmighty OFFLINE LIST gets things wrong occassionally and have to re do the dat file now and then so wouldnt be practical to name the cheats by number!
smile.gif

no one has to use SCCHEATS if they dont want to!

even JMR its creator does not use them but for those that DO use it they appreciate his hard work
smile.gif

zkamuiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sidneyyoung said:
vt102

check out sccheats.co.uk ,it's got tuts ready made files, everything you need including all the info.

but basically make your .scc file the same name as the rom (right click and choose rename in windows) and put it in the same folder as the rom...or call it 0001.scc (for example, whatever the rom no. is of the rom) and put it in the memcardroot: \scshell\cheats\ folder

but when you try to rename it windows won't let you because they won't let you use the same name so do you just rename it and instead of .nds you put .ss right?
Also I was wondering do the cheats have to be used with the same creator?
like xenophobia roms used with xenophobia cheats?
Because for some reason I tried using the xenophobia cheat from jmr's site with the rom from romulation and it doesn't seem to work when I put it in the cheat folder.
I had the number in front of the name so I don't see what's wrong. "2389 - Mega Man Star Force 2 - Zerker X Saurian (U).nds"
It doesn't seem to be working with mario kart either.
Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup