Gaming Help needed ASAP.

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi. My computer is not responding. Well, it is but when I boot it, it sometimes freezes and when it does work it freezes at random. If you let it be when frozen on the desktop a message pops up from the tool-bar saying something like "Could not save C:/$Mft. Try saving somewhere else." It was working fine around 22:00(10 PM) GMT+1 yesterday. This problem occured this morning when I was going to check trainschedules before leaving for school. Does anyone have a idea why this happened, and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
If you need to know I wrote this from brothers PS3.

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
da_head said:
umm. ok first lets check if you have a virus. what's your antivirus? if u don't have any, i recommend kaspersky, bitdefender, nod32, or avast.
My antivirus and firewall is F-Secure. Got it from my internet provider. I will try to do a scan if the PC boots correctly.

QUOTE(stormwolf18 @ Jan 30 2009, 04:42 PM) sounds like a Hd failure, try to run chkdsk
How do I do that?

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Zonix said:
da_head said:
umm. ok first lets check if you have a virus. what's your antivirus? if u don't have any, i recommend kaspersky, bitdefender, nod32, or avast.
My antivirus and firewall is F-Secure. Got it from my internet provider. I will try to do a scan if the PC boots correctly.

QUOTE(stormwolf18 @ Jan 30 2009, 04:42 PM) sounds like a Hd failure, try to run chkdsk
How do I do that?
what's ur os? if u have xp or vista, there should be an option when ur turning the computer on...i think u gotta go into bios or something

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
da_head said:
Zonix said:
da_head said:

stormwolf18 said:
sounds like a Hd failure, try to run chkdsk
How do I do that?
what's ur os? if u have xp or vista, there should be an option when ur turning the computer on...i think u gotta go into bios or something

QUOTE(stormwolf18 @ Jan 30 2009, 05:02 PM)
Right click on your drive, select propreties , tool.

or boot in dos, type chkdsk

OK. Should I choose to boot in safe mode or something first.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Zonix said:
stormwolf18 said:
Right click on your drive, select propreties , tool.

or boot in dos, type chkdsk

OK. Should I choose to boot in safe mode or something first.
not necessary. if u choose the dskchk from right clicking on ur harddrive, it should simply start the next time you boot ur computer

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its a file system error, the Master File Table seems to be corrupt.

What you must do is:

Boot from the Windows XP disc ( i presume windows xp?)
Once its finished loading all its crap, select repair. (should be r)
Then once it asks you for your admin password, type it in
(note if you dont know it, this stage wont work)
run:
chkdsk /F
Let in run.

Now all should be fixed. If not, you are gonna have to find a Linux LiveCD distro (or Ultimate Boot CD or similar) to repair the Windows file system

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MicShadow said:
Its a file system error, the Master File Table seems to be corrupt.

What you must do is:

Boot from the Windows XP disc ( i presume windows xp?)
Once its finished loading all its crap, select repair. (should be r)
Then once it asks you for your admin password, type it in
(note if you dont know it, this stage wont work)
run:
chkdsk /F
Let in run.

Now all should be fixed. If not, you are gonna have to find a Linux LiveCD distro (or Ultimate Boot CD or similar) to repair the Windows file system

I'm using Black XP and I don't have a password on my computer, will that make a difference?

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is an admin password, for the actual Administrator account, not the group. Maybe some documentation on Black XP can tell you it. It should of asked you for it in setup. Who knows, maybe its blank. Just give it a shot. As long as the Black XP disc is still bootable

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MicShadow said:
There is an admin password, for the actual Administrator account, not the group. Maybe some documentation on Black XP can tell you it. It should of asked you for it in setup. Who knows, maybe its blank. Just give it a shot. As long as the Black XP disc is still bootable

I borrowed the Black XP disc from my friend and he can't find it. Can I use a regular Windows XP disc to repair or does it have to be the Black XP disc? :/ If so, do I need the serial code to the Windows XP disc, because I've lost it.

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried to boot it from safe mode and it freezed like halfway through then I restarted the comp and it worked. I did a virus scan and nothing odd showed up. I also did the chkdsk/f and nothing odd happened there aswell. So I think it's working fine now
smile.gif
Thanks alot for the helps guys!

Sorry for the double post :/ Thought that the posts would merge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/L7XokiY