Hacking [HELP]N3DS won't turn on

chiefpiggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just spent many hours downgrading and installing aureinand on my n3ds so i can play gba roms. I followed the one guide on github to boot and everything was going fine. Then I recently booted up, the blue light flashes once on my ds for a brief second and then turns off. no screen or anything turns on. If anyone could help, that'd be awesome!! I made a backup of my sysnand and emunand and otp.bin

Edit: when i mash the home button, the blue light stays on but still no screen

Last edited by chiefpiggy,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, did you install A9LH? If you did, what did you do after you obtained your otp.bin?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, what did you do after that? Did you run any .3dsx programs? How big is that otp.bin file you're using?

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

dudenator

King of the Carts
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need an Arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD for it to boot anything.

This is all covered in the guide, you noobs should just not do this if you have no clue what you are doing.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

chiefpiggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need an Arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD for it to boot anything.

This is all covered in the guide, you noobs should just not do this if you have no clue what you are doing.
it was in the root folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, what did you do after that? Did you run any .3dsx programs? How big is that otp.bin file you're using?
I tried to run a cia pokemon blue straight from [snip - shaunj66]and that didn't work very well. the otp was 256 bytes (which is right i think)

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
I installed a9lh back when it first came out, so my information maybe a little outdated, but when my 3ds was black screening, i used a free drag-and-drop a9lh website to recompile my a9lh.bin and it worked.

Reactions: Seriel
D

Deleted User

it was in the root folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried to run a cia pokemon blue straight from -ship- and that didn't work very well. the otp was 256 bytes (which is right i think)
you might want to remove the name of that site from your post warez links

Reactions: SkyChotik

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you installed a9lh correctly this is how it should function if the sd card isn't in or arm9loaderhax.bin isn't in the root of your sd card. It should not be in a folder if it is your 3ds won't boot. Make sure you're using the latest release of AuReiNand and you have firmware.bin in the aurie folder. There should be nothing else in the aurie folder but your payload folder and the firmware.bin on your first boot as far as in aware. You may also need the key.bin files in the root of your sd card. Read the trouble shooting section of the a9lh guide if this doesn't fix your problem.

Edit: my other post here has more detailed into. https://gbatemp.net/threads/menuhax-autoboot-instead-of-arm9loaderhax-help.421115/#post-6214461

Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule,

chiefpiggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you installed a9lh correctly this is how it should function if the sd card isn't in or arm9loaderhax.bin isn't in the root of your sd card. It should not be in a folder if it is your 3ds won't boot. Make sure you're using the latest release of AuReiNand and you have firmware.bin in the aurie folder. There should be nothing else in the aurie folder but your payload folder and the firmware.bin on your first boot as far as in aware. You may also need the key.bin files in the root of your sd card. Read the trouble shooting section of the a9lh guide if this doesn't fix your problem.

Edit: my other post here has more detailed into. https://gbatemp.net/threads/menuhax-autoboot-instead-of-arm9loaderhax-help.421115/#post-6214461
Thank you, but when I put my sd card back in my pic it said it HAD to be formatted, seeing that there was no other option than that I went for it. Am I screwed now?

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, but when I put my sd card back in my pic it said it HAD to be formatted, seeing that there was no other option than that I went for it. Am I screwed now?
I hope you backed up your OTP file because if you ever need it again you'll have to downgrade to get it. You should not have formatted it if you could have avoided it. You'll have to setup emunand again and everything but if you didn't backup the contents of your SD Card all your games and everything are all gone.

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you did truly install a9lh and have a backup of your sysNAND and/or emuNAND, you could just boot D9 from a9lh and restore them respectively.
But be cautious of restoring sysNAND as your backup may not have a9lh, since it was a backup before a9lh installation, thus will overwrite FIRM 0/1.

I would at least check if the files were properly placed as the above is usually the last option you should go with if all else fails.

Last edited by Expliciate,

chiefpiggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you backed up your OTP file because if you ever need it again you'll have to downgrade to get it. You should not have formatted it if you could have avoided it. You'll have to setup emunand again and everything but if you didn't backup the contents of your SD Card all your games and everything are all gone.
how do I restore my sd card if my 3ds wont even turn on?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your light is turning on and off right away it means everything worked.

1 download aureinand

2 place arm9loaderhax.bin on root of sd card, replace any other if there are

3 place aurei folder on root and place firmware.bin inside

Reactions: Link_of_Hyrule

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Totally Nutz :rofl2: