Hacking HELP: Missing games after restoring Sysnand!

mouse_clicker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit of a dummy and absentmindedly allowed my 3DS to do a system update from 11.7 to 11.8. It wouldn't boot back up, so I used godmode to restore my backed up sysnand from when I originally modded my system. Now all of the CIAs I've installed aren't appearing, but they're clearly still on my microSD card. Is there a way to get my 3DS to recognize that the games are all still there? Or do I have to reinstall all of the CIA files through FBI? I have them all backed up, it just seems like a tedious solution and I was hoping there would be an easier one. I'm also not entirely sure if reinstalling a CIA file will create a duplicate copy of the game on my microSD, which is already at the limits of its storage capacity.

If this is a dumb question, that's because I'm a dumb person. Apologies if this is the wrong way to go about asking for help, but any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a bit of a dummy and absentmindedly allowed my 3DS to do a system update from 11.7 to 11.8. It wouldn't boot back up, so I used godmode to restore my backed up sysnand from when I originally modded my system. Now all of the CIAs I've installed aren't appearing, but they're clearly still on my microSD card. Is there a way to get my 3DS to recognize that the games are all still there? Or do I have to reinstall all of the CIA files through FBI? I have them all backed up, it just seems like a tedious solution and I was hoping there would be an easier one. I'm also not entirely sure if reinstalling a CIA file will create a duplicate copy of the game on my microSD, which is already at the limits of its storage capacity.

If this is a dumb question, that's because I'm a dumb person. Apologies if this is the wrong way to go about asking for help, but any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
You may need to run tik shop. or make sure those games were there when you made the backup. If ya havent been reading. 11.8 needs a new boot.firm or else the system wont boot. As you have seen.

mouse_clicker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may need to run tik shop. or make sure those games were there when you made the backup. If ya havent been reading. 11.8 needs a new boot.firm or else the system wont boot. As you have seen.
Well, the funny thing is, I didn't think I had any of the games installed when I made the backup of the sysnand. So I wasn't necessarily expecting any of the games to still be there. But like I said, my microSD is still full. The folder where the games are installed is still full. It looks like the games are still present, my system just isn't recognizing them. I'd have just reinstalled the CIA files already, but my microSD is full and doesn't have the space for me to put any of the CIA files on there, even just temporarily to reinstall the games. And I'm not sure about how to delete the remnants of the games I had already installed so as to free up space.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the funny thing is, I didn't think I had any of the games installed when I made the backup of the sysnand. So I wasn't necessarily expecting any of the games to still be there. But like I said, my microSD is still full. The folder where the games are installed is still full. It looks like the games are still present, my system just isn't recognizing them. I'd have just reinstalled the CIA files already, but my microSD is full and doesn't have the space for me to put any of the CIA files on there, even just temporarily to reinstall the games. And I'm not sure about how to delete the remnants of the games I had already installed so as to free up space.

to delete the remnants look in the 3ds data management menu under nintendo 3ds software, any titles you don't see showing up on the home screen you'll see there dimmed (i think with a red x?) i had this issue when i unlinked my NNID then opened eshop by accident. had to make a list and redownload those titles with freeshop.

mouse_clicker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to delete the remnants look in the 3ds data management menu under nintendo 3ds software, any titles you don't see showing up on the home screen you'll see there dimmed (i think with a red x?) i had this issue when i unlinked my NNID then opened eshop by accident. had to make a list and redownload those titles with freeshop.

Thank you so much! I now have you wonderful task of deleting 16 pages worth of games through Nintendo's oh so speedy menus! But no worries, I've got time, haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER