Help me out, please?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by rakichaneru, Jul 13, 2013.

1. rakichaneru
    OP

rakichaneru GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    So, I haven't really paid attention to the PS3 CFW scene since sometime in 2011, when I decided I'd rather upgrade past 3.55 on my Phat with OFW and just keep being a good Sony drone.

Well, fast forward to today and Sony won't repair my trusty old BC 60GB Phat, so I bought a Slim that was on clearance at Target. Lo and behold, the installed FW is 3.21. I'm pissed at Sony right now so I'm interested in putting CFW on it if I can.

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere or other that Slims can have CFW on them as long as you're starting <3.41 (I think?) If so, can I get some help here?

1. Can it be done? I think it can just from looking around here but I want to be sure.

2. What's the easiest method to do so and get up to date with the most current CFW?

3. Is PSN still a no go for CFW users?

Thanks!

djbubba2002 likes this.
  2. djbubba2002

djbubba2002 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 10, 2007
    1. Yes You can..
    2. Download 3.55 OFW INSTALL it, then Install 3.55 CFW then Dump the Drive key..After that..inSTALL 4.46 CFW..
    3. You can go on PSN on CFW but you can get banned..If you are on 3K3Y ODE..like me You can play online..

3. rakichaneru
    OP

rakichaneru GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Not that I don't trust you, but can I get some corroboration on this? And also some more specific information?

Like, do I need to set a QA flag? Do I really need to dump my keys, can't I downgrade later on as long as I'm still on CFW?