help me on pal region games

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by innercy, Jan 10, 2009.

1. innercy
    OP

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    hi... wanna ask something about pal region games.
    i have wii system menu 3.2 ntsc and i got original game in pal region (wii play and puzzle quest). my wii installed with modchip and i also use backup launcher as my main loader. However, both wii play n puzzle quest cannot load neither through disc channel nor backuplauncher.

dump iso and use regionfrii to convert pal->ntsc but still cannot load... Later i check compatibility list in here
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Wii...y_List:_NTSC-US

stated that wii play n puzzle quest re not working [​IMG]

so, what can i do. is there any iso editing tool/homebrew/step that can make it work with my ntsc wii?.. if not, i might selling both games to my fren.

2. davedeluxe

davedeluxe GBAtemp Regular

Jan 8, 2009
    Gambia, The
    if i have a other region game, i use wiizle shiizle diizle, to remove updates and change the region to my region (pal).
    but some games won't work depite patching. e.g. ocean commander was the last one...so i must use gecko region free 1.5 by Nuke, because i don't need a backuplauncher...i have a chip

thats works fine for me

3. deviljr

deviljr Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2008
    New Zealand
    i dunno about puzzle question but wii play works fine on 0.3 gamma. i have a pal wii and copied version of wii play and never had trouble with it. i dont see why using a ntsc wii would make any difference.

unless your tv cant support pal display than u dont need to convert the game into another region either.