Deleted member 387460

superuser
OP
Trophies
XP
Okay, I'll make this snappy.
Basically, I have 2 3ds systems.
An old3ds and a new3dsxl.
I'm looking to transfer my old 3ds files to my new one, but there are a few issues.
Instead of explaining it all, I'll just illustrate it.

____Old 3ds____________________________________________
  • FW: 10.7 (downgradable)
  • Linked NNID with at least 35+ games
  • NNID has VVVVV (very nice, exploitable game)
  • NNID has freakyforms non-deluxe (may become exploitable)
  • Is an ambassador 3ds, so has a lot of virtual console games
  • Has been my trusty 3ds since 2011
  • No a9lh

____NEW 3ds XL_______________________________________________
  • FW: 11.0 (not currently downgradable)
  • No NNID
  • 4 games (legit cia's, installed with fbi. All have savegames, I've progressed far in two of them)
  • No a9lh

So, I have two main problems here.
1. In order to do a system transfer, I'll have to update my old 3ds, meaning I lose the ability to downgrade on that one.

2. I'll lose my save files on the games I started on my new3dsxl.

I'm at a loss of what to do now. Ideas?
Thanks in advance.

KazuRo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you get Homebrew with your NEW 3DS XL if yes you can backup all your saves with jks savegame manager...
Then you can sell your New3DSXL and buy a new one with 10.7 or lower because I don't see a reason why to stay on 11.0 with no emunand or cfw.

Deleted member 387460

superuser
OP
Trophies
XP
Do you get Homebrew with your NEW 3DS XL if yes you can backup all your saves with jks savegame manager...
Then you can sell your New3DSXL and buy a new one with 10.7 or lower because I don't see a reason why to stay on 11.0 with no emunand or cfw.
1. mmyeah I have homebrew access (sort of, smashhax) But I think I heard it didn't work in userland only?

2. No, I'm not selling it :P I'm just waiting for a new kernel exploit. I'm also prepared to hardmod and flash 10.7 to the console if necessary.

KazuRo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. mmyeah I have homebrew access (sort of, smashhax) But I think I heard it didn't work in userland only?

2. No, I'm not selling it :P I'm just waiting for a new kernel exploit. I'm also prepared to hardmod and flash 10.7 to the console if necessary.

Harmodding uhh I would be to scared of this.
And i dont think there will be kernel stuff that soon.
But yes i think dont update is the best way.
I own an OLD3DSXL and I am so happy on my arm9 and i got forced (cause of some games)
to buy a New one I will search directly for a NEW3DS with 10.7 or lower and do the same procedure like with my old.

Deleted member 387460

superuser
OP
Trophies
XP
Harmodding uhh I would be to scared of this.
And i dont think there will be kernel stuff that soon.
But yes i think dont update is the best way.
I own an OLD3DSXL and I am so happy on my arm9 and i got forced (cause of some games)
to buy a New one I will search directly for a NEW3DS with 10.7 or lower and do the same procedure like with my old.
Okay, thanks for your input. :)
Also, alll new 3ds xl's come with firmware lower than 10.7, iirc (mine did anyway. don't ask why it's on 11.0 now)

KazuRo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, thanks for your input. :)
Also, alll new 3ds xl's come with firmware lower than 10.7, iirc (mine did anyway. don't ask why it's on 11.0 now)
Maybe some Cartdrige Updates your 3DS or this fuckin Streetpass lobby that fucker updated my o3ds from 10.1 to 10.3 one time.

KazuRo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also did some mistakesive updated my 3DS to 10.7 when I wanted to downgrade to go away from rxtools but i was lucky that there was a way to downgrade from 10.7 atm.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But, then, what's his point? I feel like I'm missing something here.
The point is just that at least you didn't waste your O3DS's chances to have a CFW while system transferring. But yeah, not so interesting if the New 3DS still doesn't have a CFW.

I'd say you should

- either get a secondary hax cartridge (OoT, PSMD, whatever), exploit it from the O3DS for the N3DS, export all your N3DS saves (and test them on O3DS just to be sure it worked fine), then sell the N3DS to get another one and CFW it then restore your saves
- or hardmod the current one, backup NAND and SD, downgrade it (possible with harmod), setup a CFW on it, restore first NAND backup (either on emuNAND or on your sysNAND with keep a9lh option or HG9) and SD, and you're now on the exact system as you had at the beginning except with the "detail" it's CFW'd ;)

And once your N3DS is CFW'd, you can

- either backup all your saves from O3DS and send them to your N3DS
- or backup N3DS saves, CFW the O3DS with hardmod too (once again so that you have exactly the same system as the beginning but with a CFW) and system transfer then restore N3DS saves if they were lost
- or backup N3DS saves, update the O3DS, system transfer to CFW'd N3DS and restore N3DS saves if they were lost, then you don't care anymore about the O3DS but you can hardmod-downgrade it before selling it if you're courteous and have a buyer that is interested in CFW

Deleted member 387460

superuser
OP
Trophies
XP
The point is just that at ... interested in CFW

Thank you very much!
I think I'll do this, seems like the best option right now. I just can't bring myself to buying a new 3ds just for lower firmware, though :)
I'm going to export my saves soon.
I'm definitely in no hurry, and since my summer vacation is in 4 days, and during that time I can take my sweet time to downgrade my o3ds.
Maybe (just maybe) a new kernel exploit will be out after the vacation? (2 months) probably not, but i can dream

The thread may be locked now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5