Hacking Help me bring my wii back to virgin status

impulsze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide and followed the guide completely up til the point before installing a backup loader but after preloader was installed. I have version 4.1U. I then handed the Wii to a friend to install a Loader for me. He then tried to do a SoftMii install, using Cioscorp in HBC. After that installed, i could no longer run any kinds of wads from HBC. So he ran a system format thinking it would correct the problem...... Didnt.

Now when my Wii is turned on, it auto-boots into Preloader.
Says at the bottom, "priiloader v0.2 (r30), IOS v60, systemmenu v449

I can then choose to load the system menu from Preloader, and it will bring me back to the main Wii menu, and everything looks stock, however, since it was formatted, no longer have HBC, and when I try to run Hackmii installer, the screen just goes black. What do I need to do in order to get this sytem back to stock so that I can be modded correctly? I also do not have a save of the original NAND.

I've also tried using Wadmanager 1.5 as a bootdol and bannerbomb but it just loads to a black screen, so I cant even get HBC back. What can I do?

I've also tried using the system menu to update to 4.2, but get an error code 32004.

impulsze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to Bannerbomb the screen just goes black... This is a 4.1U, so I dont think I can Twilight Hack it... Any other ideas? Again, when I try to use Wadmanager and bannerbomb the screen goes black. When I try to use Preloader the screen hangs on the Loading File screen. I am lost.

impulsze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
Boot Dop-IOS from Priiloader, install the latest IOS36 (Say NO to Trucha), then run the HackMii (HBC) Installer from Priiloader.
Do i just take the Dop-IOS and rename to boot.dol? Do i then choose load/install? Then is it install or load?

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
impulsze said:
jceggbert5 said:
Boot Dop-IOS from Priiloader, install the latest IOS36 (Say NO to Trucha), then run the HackMii (HBC) Installer from Priiloader.
Do i just take the Dop-IOS and rename to boot.dol? Do i then choose load/install? Then is it install or load?

Name it Dop-IOS.dol and put it in root of SD card.

In Priiloader, go to load-install file, highlight Dop-IOS.dol, and press (1) ((1) is for "Load File").

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
impulsze said:
jceggbert5 said:

Don't have to rename it, just put the dol on the root, install it, then load installed file. Then get the HBC installed again, follow xzxero's update to 4.2 section to fix your Wii up to something sane again, and then follow the rest of his guide, and don't let your friend touch your Wii again.

A format is never a good solution for anything in ANY situation. And cIOSCORP is not necessary at all. Especially not older versions of it.

impulsze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
impulsze said:
jceggbert5 said:

In Priiloader, go to load-install file, highlight Dop-IOS.dol, and press (1) ((1) is for "Load File").
Ok got into Dop ios... so I select Ios60, Then choose IOS, then choose IOS36, now I choose LATEST, now do I choose YES or NO for apply signed hash, and do I choose YES or NO for ES Patched?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
impulsze said:
jceggbert5 said:
impulsze said:
jceggbert5 said:

Ok got into Dop ios... so I select Ios60, Then choose IOS, then choose IOS36, now I choose LATEST, now do I choose YES or NO for apply signed hash, and do I choose YES or NO for ES Patched?

No.

impulsze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
impulsze said:
jceggbert5 said:
impulsze said:
jceggbert5 said:

No.
Is that No for both of those questions?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
impulsze said:
nabster92 said:
impulsze said:

No.
Is that No for both of those questions?

Yea say no to all patches so you just install a clean IOS36 that the installer can use. Then you should be able to use wad manager as in xzxero's guide and install all of the fresh up to date IOS's from his update package to get rid of any crap cIOSCORP left behind.

impulsze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I need help bad. I let my friend try to correct his errors since he said he knew how..... Heres where we stand. He told me he was gonna use Dop-IOS to try to fix everything. So he loaded Dop-IOS using Preloader, and chose to try to update the Wii from 4.1U to 4.2U using Dop-IOS SystemMenu. So he does. The Wii loads normally to regular system menu 4.2U.

We try to use Messie's TUT (http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/24630-full-hacking-guide-4-2-system-menus.html) for 4.2U, but cant get past the A2 step. The screen is just black when I press Ok to load SD. I have a feeling that all those stupid Cioscorp IOS's are still in there, even though it says 4.2U. I dont know what to do.

Preloader seems to be gone now, cant load into it by holding reset. =(

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Preloader attaches to the System Menu IOS. Since you updated to 4.2U, 4.2U stubs IOS60(4.1U System Menu IOS) and 4.2 runs on IOS70.

Only use xzxero's tutorial, it is much easier.

I would format the wii back to a virgin using this guide:
Virginize your Wii

And then use xzxero's guide:
xzxero's wii hacking guide

~modmystuff~

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to have disc channel loading you should use the latest version of CIOSCORP -> 3.6 it works beatifuly and wont fuck anything up at all.

Follow ZXZEROS Sticky guide from start to completion, stick with 4.2 unless you really need to be on 4.1 (only for out of region games), ensure to make NAND backup once hacked to 4.2 then install CORP 3.6, if you dont like it you can always restore NAND and install latest version of NEOGAMMA instead / or you can have them both running at the same time =).

impulsze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modmystuff said:
Preloader attaches to the System Menu IOS. Since you updated to 4.2U, 4.2U stubs IOS60(4.1U System Menu IOS) and 4.2 runs on IOS70.

Only use xzxero's tutorial, it is much easier.

I would format the wii back to a virgin using this guide:
Virginize your Wii

And then use xzxero's guide:
xzxero's wii hacking guide

~modmystuff~
Since I no longer have Preloader or HBC, how can I run the wadmanager in order to Virginize it using the guide you linked?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0