Hardware Help managing SD cards and games, please

realrj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys

I have a 64GB and a 128GB cards to use on my switch, i decided to keeps different games on each of them and use both, however, when i went to my smaller card, the games from the other appeared, so I removed those (Since i was connected to the smaller SD, now when i connect with the bigger SD, the same games disappeared :/

Is there a way to recover those without having to reinstall everything one by one? I'm guessing they're still there, it's impossible form me to delete something from the small sd card and getting it deleted from the big one.

Thank you very much

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you messed up the home menu icon that link the game to what is stored on the sd card, so you might have to reinstall.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably easier if you just get a much larger card, instead of switching between the 64GB and the 128GB, soon or later you gonna run out of space on the 128GB also.

realrj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I got this one for 20 something euro. The 256gb ones were like double the price, so I couldn't afford one :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So i though of giving this 64gb some use, but it's proving to be a headache :(

D

Deleted User

Is there a way to manage two SD cards at the same time without losing titles?

You could just not delete the titles from the home screen, that way the next time you switch to the other card the games will still be launchable. A bigger MicroSD is a better solution but if you wanna work with what you have then just don't delete the games that your console thinks are missing, they'll re-appear next time you plug the MicroSD in.

Reactions: realrj

realrj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You could just not delete the titles from the home screen, that way the next time you switch to the other card the games will still be launchable. A bigger MicroSD is a better solution but if you wanna work with what you have then just don't delete the games that your console thinks are missing, they'll re-appear next time you plug the MicroSD in.

Thanks a lot. I didn't know that :)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Does having the games disappear like this also remove the save data? I was so far in some of these games already :/

Nope, save data will still be there unless you explicitly choose the 'delete save data' option.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan what systems do you have