(HELP) Laptop blue screen error 0x0000007e

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Note that i am posting this through my android device.

Pretty much the title so I get on safe mode and a message pops up with it saying " c: windows minidump 122615-16348-01.dmp

"C: user andy appdata local temp WER-38095-0.sysdata.xml

Of course this happens to me after Christmas so whats the best way to fix this problem without lossing all my files.

andzalot55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gonna need a lot more information than just this. What were you doing at the time of the BSOD?

Boot in safe mode with networking, and upload the minidump to http://filetrip.net then post the link here
Gonna need a lot more information than just this. What were you doing at the time of the BSOD?

Boot in safe mode with networking, and upload the minidump to http://filetrip.net then post the link here

Okay so I am on Safe Mode with networking but I do not know a lot about these things. I know it is irritating if I ask these questions but what is a BSOD and where can I find minidumps to upload?

andzalot55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BSOD = Blue screen of death, it's the bluescreen you saw when Windows crashed.

The minidump is located exactly where that popup box listed, "C:\windows\minidump 122615-16348-01.dmp"

Minidump: http://filetrip.net/dl?pl62MUc2Jz

As for the BSOD, the technical information is: STOP: 0x0000007e (0xFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF880035DFED8, 0xFFFFF880035DF730).

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Looks like your Realtek audio drivers caused the BSOD. I would suggest reinstalling the drivers to see if that will fix it.

While in safe mode, you'll need to uninstall your audio drivers, and reinstall them. First, go to your laptop's manufacturer's page and find your laptop model's support page. 99 times out of 100, they'll list driver downloads for your system. One of them should be labeled Audio or Realtek audio or sound or whatever, download that. Then, uninstall the current Realtek drivers being used, reboot your PC into safe mode again, then install the new drivers you downloaded by running the installer.

You can uninstall the drivers by going to Device Manager (Either search for it in the start menu, or right click "My Computer" or "This PC" depending on what Windows version and click "manage", then in the right hand panel of the new window that opens there will be an option called "Device Manager"), find "Sound, video and game controllers", then right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio" and select uninstall.

andzalot55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like your Realtek audio drivers caused the BSOD. I would suggest reinstalling the drivers to see if that will fix it.

While in safe mode, you'll need to uninstall your audio drivers, and reinstall them. First, go to your laptop's manufacturer's page and find your laptop model's support page. 99 times out of 100, they'll list driver downloads for your system. One of them should be labeled Audio or Realtek audio or sound or whatever, download that. Then, uninstall the current Realtek drivers being used, reboot your PC into safe mode again, then install the new drivers you downloaded by running the installer.

You can uninstall the drivers by going to Device Manager (Either search for it in the start menu, or right click "My Computer" or "This PC" depending on what Windows version and click "manage", then in the right hand panel of the new window that opens there will be an option called "Device Manager"), find "Sound, video and game controllers", then right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio" and select uninstall.

It works; much appreciated but the audio drive is not working and I am pretty sure that I downloaded the correct audio driver from the manufacturer site. I have a sony vaio e series (SVE1511.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...