PS1/2 [Help]How to play Japanese games on NTSC-U PS2?

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi there fellas,

Well, recently I just bought KH: Final Mix and I know that it won't work on NTSC-U ps2 console. So my question now is, how do I play it on NTSC-U ps2?
I made a little research on it and got to myself into a what-so-called SwapMagic..
But I have no idea about it.. :/

Here's my ps2 specs:

PS2 SLIM Silver
Console: SCPH-77001
Browser: 1.40
CD Player: 2.00
Playstation Driver: 2.00
DVD Player 3.11U

What I am looking for is, which and where to buy this swapmagic? and would you guys link me to an instructions on how to apply it?

Thanks a bunch!

P.S. I've read the sticky about the ps2 softmodding but I feel there's too much to do? (like having 4MB space on memory card which I don't and I hate deleting save files) and I'm just wondering what method has the least hassle. Thanks again.

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Would getting a new memory card + a cheat disk would yield the same price as getting swapmagic? Also, I've been reading a lot of guides about it but none of them has list of version it would work on. I got scph-77001.. i dunno if FMCB would work on it..

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use ar to mod a memory card or use swap magic, they both will work fine... If you look around you should be able to find someone that will install it for you for shipping cost. Also I install modchips, so thats a option too, that is if you wanna pay.

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sao Mortel said:
You DON't need a cheat disk swapmagic is better.
http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/swapmagic.php
also FMCB wont work on SOME 79001... 77001 work fine
DOn't care what people say it will work on ANY memory card. I have cheao clones 64mb and it work fine

QUOTE(wtfisausername @ Sep 28 2010, 08:31 PM) you can use ar to mod a memory card or use swap magic, they both will work fine... If you look around you should be able to find someone that will install it for you for shipping cost. Also I install modchips, so thats a option too, that is if you wanna pay.

Thank you guys, for the info, do you know where I can buy legit copies of swap magic that would work on 77001? Mod-chip? prolly? Thanks! That's all I needed now to get started.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just post on the trading forum there is hundreds of people on this website who can do FMCB install for free. just couple bucks for shipping even more so you can find someone in your area. I do it for Canada only.

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bumping such an old thread. But I do have question regarding blocking sensors so that swap magic would work? Anyone can link to me a tutorial on how to do that? Thanks.

EDIT: Is there a third sensor on a 77001 slim silver?

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wtfisausername said:
There all quite the same... all the slims that is. Three sensors. one on the power switch (where the door closes, one which is just a disc stop, and one internally where the disc door pushes when it is closed.

This should give you some ideas.
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/256226

Thanks for reply! And sorry for bumping such an old thread again, I hope that this does not bother anyone. But anyway, I just ordered swap magic + a memory card to install free mcboot on. My question now is, free mcboot can play imports? (I do own a legal copy so I am not really pirating stuff and not intended to use for backups really).. OR should I stick with swap magic all the way? which one is it?

I also manage, to block all the sensors so i'm good with hardware stuff.. I opened my ps2 it wasn't that hard.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea about FreeMcboot and imports. I had a NTSC-J game with a english patch run on it so it may work.

Just patch it and try it if it don't work then use swap magic to load your backup and keep your original safe.

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
TheDestroyer said:
Thanks guys, I think that cleared up everything. Anyways, when the thing comes out I'll try which ones work best. (I've been waiting for them to arrive, ugh.. they take too long to arrive.. its been 9 days..)

Where are you getting them from? (Website and Location)

TheDestroyer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bluelaserman said:
TheDestroyer said:
Thanks guys, I think that cleared up everything. Anyways, when the thing comes out I'll try which ones work best. (I've been waiting for them to arrive, ugh.. they take too long to arrive.. its been 9 days..)

Where are you getting them from? (Website and Location)

Mod-chip.com
biggrin.gif
They said the item is shipped from europe so I don't know.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDestroyer said:
Mod-chip.com
biggrin.gif
They said the item is shipped from europe so I don't know
they were a good website when i used it. but they sold their website since i last bought from them... so i do not know about them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show