Homebrew Help!! How can you fix a bricked 3ds?

Max2k17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 3ds which is on firmware 11.6.0-39 with rosalina homebrew, luma (I don't think the luma version is updated) and boot9strap installed. The problem is this, it gave me an error which is- error type: generic and it crashes and resets every time I play freeshop games which is where I got the games from and now it doesn't even turn on. I charged my 3ds to make sure it can turn on, but when I remove the sd card it boots normally but when I put it back, it doesn't turn on, sometimes it flashes the blue light once and doesn't turn on and sometimes it turns on with the blue light but with an endless black screen of death. I researched on YouTube on how to fix this and they said to use these key combinations which are: L button, R button, up, and A and it gave me the update your 3ds option to the latest firmware but I'm already on 11.6.0-39, WTF nintendo! Please help!! Comment down below so that we can fix this problem! Nintendo will not divide us!!!!

Max2k17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw......I checked my sd card if it is corupt or something and it is not broken! It is legit working!

Max2k17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do a nand back up before this happened?
I did that a long time ago but my dad just upgraded my pc from windows 10 to windows 10 pro and yeah, my pc got formated. But my sd card is not broken and it is legitly working, no virus and is not corrupted!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anybody, please help!
#NintendoWillNotDivideUs

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that a long time ago but my dad just upgraded my pc from windows 10 to windows 10 pro and yeah, my pc got formated. But my sd card is not broken and it is legitly working, no virus and is not corrupted!!!

Anybody, please help!
#NintendoWillNotDivideUs
maybe find a way to un-corrupted it..... im pretty sure that's possible

here this might help

Max2k17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe find a way to un-corrupted it..... im pretty sure that's possible

here this might help

My sd card is not corrupt but my 3ds is!!!

If it boots normally without the card that would indicated an issue with the actual SD card. Try replacing it and see if the problem persists
No, my sd card reads normally and I scanned it using cmd and with the command chkdsk and says it is fine! So now what?

Max2k17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the point is if you could reach godmode 9 you should be able to restore the nand backup, if you can't then try to get a flashcart and restore though that.
How can I boot to godmode 9???

I have godmode 9 because I have boot9strap but the problem is how can I boot it!?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I have godmode 9 because I have boot9strap but the problem is how can I boot it!?
Hold start on boot, if GM9 doesn't appear then you may need to download it and put it in the luma\payloads folder.
I have an old 3ds which is on firmware 11.6.0-39 with rosalina homebrew, luma (I don't think the luma version is updated) and boot9strap installed. The problem is this, it gave me an error which is- error type: generic and it crashes and resets every time I play freeshop games which is where I got the games from and now it doesn't even turn on. I charged my 3ds to make sure it can turn on, but when I remove the sd card it boots normally but when I put it back, it doesn't turn on, sometimes it flashes the blue light once and doesn't turn on and sometimes it turns on with the blue light but with an endless black screen of death. I researched on YouTube on how to fix this and they said to use these key combinations which are: L button, R button, up, and A and it gave me the update your 3ds option to the latest firmware but I'm already on 11.6.0-39, WTF nintendo! Please help!! Comment down below so that we can fix this problem! Nintendo will not divide us!!!!
Try redownloading Luma and replacing boot.firm. You might need either 7.1 or 8.x depending on which B9S version you have, so if one doesn't work try the other.

Reactions: Owenge

Max2k17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to hold start well booting if nothing comes up you should probably get a flashcart
you have to hold start well booting if nothing comes up you should probably get a flashcart
dtX5mm
Now what???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16