[Help] Getting the ExeFS Extracted With ctrtool

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by jluponeage, Apr 7, 2017.

1. jluponeage
    OP

jluponeage Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2016
    United States
    Hello everyone!

I know I must've figured this out earlier, but I can't remember how to do it and I got a new computer because my old one broke (so, basically, I lost all of my files).

Anyway, I know which commands to use (-x, --intype=exefs, --exefs=Desktop\exefs.bin, --decompresscode, and --exefsdir=Desktop\Exefs), and I don't know why, but ctrtool is giving me an error when I try to extract my exefs. It says "error: could not open input file". This is exactly what I put in:
    Code:
    C:\"Program Files (x86)"\HackingToolkit3DS\ctrtool -x --intype=exefs --exefs=Desktop\exefs.bin --exefsdir=Desktop\Exefs --decompresscode Desktop\exefs.bin

ctrtool worked for extracting my RomFS, by the way. But I can't remember what I did for that either because it was a while ago. I am getting pretty frustrated at this.

So, my question: How do I use ctrtool to extract the contents of my ExeFS?

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I believe the files have to be in the same folder. You could try looking at this. Put your ctrtool in the same folder as your exefs.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I mostly use 3dstool instead as I find it works better.

4. jluponeage
    OP

jluponeage Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2016
    United States
    Thanks for your guys' replies. Unfortunately, neither worked I have actually already looked at the website you suggested. For 3dstool I just tried the following code:
    Code:
    3dstool -xvtf exefs [new ExeFS path] --exefs-dir [encrypted ExeFS path] --header ExeFS.Header

5. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Adjust your "Desktop" paths to be absolute paths.

There's also my tool, which comes with a GUI.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-net-3ds-toolkit-extract-and-repack-3ds-roms-and-cias.444427/

6. jluponeage
    OP

jluponeage Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2016
    United States
    Thanks, but it's not what I'm looking for. You need a pre-built ROM for that tool, and I don't have one.

7. jluponeage
    OP

jluponeage Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2016
    United States