jluponeage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

I know I must've figured this out earlier, but I can't remember how to do it and I got a new computer because my old one broke (so, basically, I lost all of my files).

Anyway, I know which commands to use (-x, --intype=exefs, --exefs=Desktop\exefs.bin, --decompresscode, and --exefsdir=Desktop\Exefs), and I don't know why, but ctrtool is giving me an error when I try to extract my exefs. It says "error: could not open input file". This is exactly what I put in:
Code:
C:\"Program Files (x86)"\HackingToolkit3DS\ctrtool -x --intype=exefs --exefs=Desktop\exefs.bin --exefsdir=Desktop\Exefs --decompresscode Desktop\exefs.bin
ctrtool worked for extracting my RomFS, by the way. But I can't remember what I did for that either because it was a while ago. I am getting pretty frustrated at this.

So, my question: How do I use ctrtool to extract the contents of my ExeFS?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the files have to be in the same folder. You could try looking at this. Put your ctrtool in the same folder as your exefs.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone!

I know I must've figured this out earlier, but I can't remember how to do it and I got a new computer because my old one broke (so, basically, I lost all of my files).

Anyway, I know which commands to use (-x, --intype=exefs, --exefs=Desktop\exefs.bin, --decompresscode, and --exefsdir=Desktop\Exefs), and I don't know why, but ctrtool is giving me an error when I try to extract my exefs. It says "error: could not open input file". This is exactly what I put in:
Code:
C:\"Program Files (x86)"\HackingToolkit3DS\ctrtool -x --intype=exefs --exefs=Desktop\exefs.bin --exefsdir=Desktop\Exefs --decompresscode Desktop\exefs.bin
ctrtool worked for extracting my RomFS, by the way. But I can't remember what I did for that either because it was a while ago. I am getting pretty frustrated at this.

I mostly use 3dstool instead as I find it works better.
3dstool.exe -xvtf exefs DecryptedExeFS.bin --exefs-dir ExtractedExeFS --header ExeFS.Header

jluponeage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your guys' replies. Unfortunately, neither worked I have actually already looked at the website you suggested. For 3dstool I just tried the following code:
Code:
3dstool -xvtf exefs [new ExeFS path] --exefs-dir [encrypted ExeFS path] --header ExeFS.Header

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

Code:

Adjust your "Desktop" paths to be absolute paths.

There's also my tool, which comes with a GUI.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-net-3ds-toolkit-extract-and-repack-3ds-roms-and-cias.444427/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2