Hacking Help getting my softwii to work correctly ( USB Loader GX Black screen etc)

JCarlberg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i have just bought my first Wii (i know, kinda after in the game:P).

Have followed this guide https://www.flashback.org/leave.php?u=https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-softmod-a-wii-and-play-backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/ really outdated and missing information, so i had to do my own reasearch.

1.I have installed HBC with Letterbomb 4.3E (Updated it to latest version after it was installed)
2.Backuped up my Wii Nand
3.Installed Priiloader v0.8 and a different hack_hash.ini file cause that one did not work and enabled Region free EVERYTHING', 'Block Disc Updates', 'Remove NoCopy Save File Protection', 'Block Online Updates', 'Remove Diagnostic Disc Check', 'Move Disc Channel', 'Skip health screen'
4.Installed USB Loader GX according to the guide above (pls check the video for information instead, otherwise i will try to write all down)

Now i am not sure anymore cause you know when you get problem or the guides are outdated you are going deeper and deeper into Google.

I had after some trouble got some games on the HDD, plugged it in and it was showing the games on USB Loader GX (Not on Wiiflow) but when i start a game it just gives me a black screen.

After some searching it seems to be the cIOS so i followed this guide https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation and installed beta53-alt.

After that i get black screen when i start USB Loader GX directly instead for just when i try to start a game.

Hope someone can help me, have been up all night to try to fix this for our trip tomorrow but if i just get it to work i will be glad :)

Edit: I know i have installed the cIOSX rev20b according to the first guide but i do not know if that can be a problem cause i have installed the newer cIOS installer with the beta file.

Edit2:Is there a way to see what kind of changes i have made (More below HBC channel)? how can i uninstall software i have installed on the wii,

Last edited by JCarlberg,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi, i have just bought my first Wii (i know, kinda after in the game[emoji14]).

Have followed this guide https://www.flashback.org/leave.php?u=https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-softmod-a-wii-and-play-backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/ really outdated and missing information, so i had to do my own reasearch.

1.I have installed HBC with Letterbomb 4.3E (Updated it to latest version after it was installed)
2.Backuped up my Wii Nand
3.Installed Priiloader v0.8 and a different hack_hash.ini file cause that one did not work and enabled Region free EVERYTHING', 'Block Disc Updates', 'Remove NoCopy Save File Protection', 'Block Online Updates', 'Remove Diagnostic Disc Check', 'Move Disc Channel', 'Skip health screen'
4.Installed USB Loader GX according to the guide above (pls check the video for information instead, otherwise i will try to write all down)

Now i am not sure anymore cause you know when you get problem or the guides are outdated you are going deeper and deeper into Google.

I had after some trouble got some games on the HDD, plugged it in and it was showing the games on USB Loader GX (Not on Wiiflow) but when i start a game it just gives me a black screen.

After some searching it seems to be the cIOS so i followed this guide https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation and installed beta53-alt.

After that i get black screen when i start USB Loader GX directly instead for just when i try to start a game.

Hope someone can help me, have been up all night to try to fix this for our trip tomorrow but if i just get it to work i will be glad :)

Edit: I know i have installed the cIOSX rev20b according to the first guide but i do not know if that can be a problem cause i have installed the newer cIOS installer with the beta file.

Edit2:Is there a way to see what kind of changes i have made (More below HBC channel)? how can i uninstall software i have installed on the wii,
I suggest you to uninstall the cIOSes with the installer you installed them with, then reinstall them with the latest installer.
EDIT: Delete the folder apps/usbloader-gx on your SD card. And what modifications do you want see and uninstall?

Cmjsmith10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hacked my wii and installed with the letter bomb at http://please.hackmii.com/ and then installed usb uploader, cfg uploader ,and wii flow. i can play all of my backups just fine except WarioWars and Mario Kart. When I push to play it returns me back to the Main system screen. But thats the only games it does it on. Not sure how to do a system check i'm really new to this. Did I not do something right when I set it up. I followed techman on youtubes tutorial. this address: . I followed it to the T and everything works great except for a few games i listed above. That the last one i followed anyways I have done 6 i think in all but similar to the above process in video.

Right now all of my games run off of a 16gb flashdrive my harddrive arrives next week and i want to convert over. Can I do this and not lose my games. I have some I downloaded but when i put them on a different usb because the other one is full they want show up at all in any of the uploaders. My system is 4.1U. I thought the games were bad copies at first so I borrowed my friends copy and same issue still returns to main system screen. Everything else is on a 32 gb sd card . my wii is a 4.1 U Please Help.
Perhaps it the tutorial I followed where can I access one files and all to redo it correctly and up to date and see if thats the issue perhaps. I realize the above one is really old. I've been trying for 3 days and have tried every tutorial i can find. If someone can point me to a tutorial I can go from there.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
i hacked my wii and installed with the letter bomb at http://please.hackmii.com/ and then installed usb uploader, cfg uploader ,and wii flow. i can play all of my backups just fine except WarioWars and Mario Kart. When I push to play it returns me back to the Main system screen. But thats the only games it does it on. Not sure how to do a system check i'm really new to this. Did I not do something right when I set it up. I followed techman on youtubes tutorial. this address: . I followed it to the T and everything works great except for a few games i listed above. That the last one i followed anyways I have done 6 i think in all but similar to the above process in video.

Right now all of my games run off of a 16gb flashdrive my harddrive arrives next week and i want to convert over. Can I do this and not lose my games. I have some I downloaded but when i put them on a different usb because the other one is full they want show up at all in any of the uploaders. My system is 4.1U. I thought the games were bad copies at first so I borrowed my friends copy and same issue still returns to main system screen. Everything else is on a 32 gb sd card . my wii is a 4.1 U Please Help.
Perhaps it the tutorial I followed where can I access one files and all to redo it correctly and up to date and see if thats the issue perhaps. I realize the above one is really old. I've been trying for 3 days and have tried every tutorial i can find. If someone can point me to a tutorial I can go from there.

Make sure your flashdrive is formatted FAT32.
EDIT: Are the games from the same region as your Wii?

Cmjsmith10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your flashdrive is formatted FAT32.
EDIT: Are the games from the same region as your Wii?
Not sure. Sorry I'm really new to this how do I tell? It is Fat 32 because i could never get wbfs to work right as the above video wanted and other tutorials i read on here said to use fat 32.
If i was to start all over would i lose the games I already have. i'm moving to a external hardrive next week and have the same concern. I have also read they want show up in usb loader sometimes after transferring. I have 13 games on my USB and only Mario Kart and Wario Ware have the issue.

Cmjsmith10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can do that. But will have to be when I get off of work this afternoon if you could give me the how to. So your saying i wont loose games? If so I can just redo them.

Cmjsmith10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All games are on my flashdrive and everything else runs from an sd card so i'm up for whatever makes it all work.

Cmjsmith10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no eshop. And no save date because i haven't played any yet at least not far enough to worry about the save data. Just enough to see if any would play.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also have games I downloaded that are in wbfs format that i can't get to show up at all if you could possibly help me with that as well later.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
no eshop. And no save date because i haven't played any yet at least not far enough to worry about the save data. Just enough to see if any would play.
OK. Did you region change your Wii? I hope not. Also, it will be like a brand new Wii (well, except hardware), so, again, you will only retain what is NOT on the Wii's internal memory. BTW, my timezone is GMT+1 (now +2, because of DST) so what would be the time we could do it?

Cmjsmith10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. Did you region change your Wii? I hope not. Also, it will be like a brand new Wii (well, except hardware), so, again, you will only retain what is NOT on the Wii's internal memory. BTW, my timezone is GMT+1 (now +2, because of DST) so what would be the time we could do it?
I don't believe i changed my region.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry, I'm sleeping at that time. 6PM at you is 1AM here! [emoji33]
I thought you may be sorry. If you could give mr the files needed and something to go by i believe i could do it.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Wait, two more questions. What is the file format of the Wii games on your flashdrive? ISO or WBFS? What base IOSes and cIOSes did you use during d2x installation?

Cmjsmith10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are WBFS was all ripped from usb loader except a few that was downloaded offline but they are wbfs as well. Not sure on the ioses and cioses the one he told me too in that video i uploaded.
ios 249 with 56 base and ios 250 with 57 base i believe.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
they are WBFS was all ripped from usb loader except a few that was downloaded offline but they are wbfs as well. Not sure on the ioses and cioses the one he told me too in that video i uploaded.
ios 249 with 56 base and ios 250 with 57 base i believe.
Hmmm... Everything seems correct. Did you download the boot IOS 249 version of USB Loader GX?
EDIT: Did you download or rip Mario Kart and the other one that doesn't start?

Cmjsmith10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, i think so whichever he told me in the video sorry i'm a bit confused when it comes to the details. Mario kart I ripped and i didn't work so i downloaded and it still didn't work. The other game i ripped with usb uploader and it didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay