Hacking Help! Gamestop sold me a softmodded wii!

zRussian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so today I went to Gamestop and bought myself a used Wii from there and when I opened the box I got the White Wii with a black wii remote and a black nunchuck with it. So i plug the system into the wall and setup everything then I turn on my Wii and i get a black screen with stuff on the top saying Systemmenu, Homebrew Channel, Installed File, Load/Install File, Systemmenu Hacks, and Settings. Then on the bottom left it says IOS v60 and Systemmenu v417 and on the bottom right it says preloader v0.29. I thought no problem and tried to sync my remote but that also wouldn't work so can someone help me with this or tell me what should I do?

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may have hit the reset button when loading, which loads up preloader 0.29. There should be a button to return to system menu. Try that. It's called System Menu. It should bring you to the WII's menu. There is an option inside preloader to remove preloader 0.29 from automatically booting up every load.

Wynd

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First make sure you were not just holding the reset button while turning on the wii.

If preloader still starts up, and you cant use the wii remote (I believe that you can't use the red sync button from preloader) then you will have to use a gamecube controller.

If you dont have a gamecube controller, then you can hope that the wii has bootmii, and use modmii to set up an sd card for bootmii, put that in the wii, and turn it on. If you are lucky, the bootmii screen will show up, and from there you can load the homebrew channel or system menu and then sync your wii remote.

zRussian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
You may have hit the reset button when loading, which loads up preloader 0.29. There should be a button to return to system menu. Try that. It's called System Menu. It should bring you to the WII's menu. There is an option inside preloader to remove preloader 0.29 from automatically booting up every load.

Wynd
Well I would try your method but I can sync my wii remote in order to do that and plus I don't have a gamecube controller.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zRussian said:
wyndcrosser said:

Wynd
Well I would try your method but I can sync my wii remote in order to do that and plus I don't have a gamecube controller.
If you don't have a gamecube controller, you will have to hope the wii has bootmii as boot2 installed on it. Just set up the SD for bootmii with ModMii for windows, and then put that SD in the wii and turn it on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries