Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
well, I don't plan on bricking my 3ds anytime soon (i'm not a dumbass), and with some practice, could pretty much do a hardmod by myself if i needed to. I'm just fine without it.
Use chrome instead of IE you'll see it's quite faster and more stable ;)
See? Menuhax is for noobs who use Internet Explorer and like slow things that don't work most of the time.
PRECISELY!

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See? Menuhax is for noobs who use Internet Explorer and like slow things that don't work most of the time.
Although I agree that a9lh is INFINITELY better than menuhax, I can understand why someone would be worried about "upgrading" so to speak. If you already have working menuhax, you may not want to take another risk at bricking your system, even if its mostly "safe" at this point. $200 for a N3DS isn't exactly a drop in the hat for some people, especially kids who's parents buy them everything (WHO SHOULD PROBABLY NOT BEING HACKING THEIR SYSTEM IN THE FIRST PLACE, BTW. YES, YOU. GET OUT.)

But joking aside, like the saying goes: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My "white-knighting" aside, think about installing a9lh. I was nervous at first when i did it too. Now I'll NEVER go back. I even installed it on my Majora's Mask N3DS XL. Very, VERY low chance of brick if you do everything right. It's also very user-friendly at this point. No need to compile anything, just press buttons and wait. Lots of security checks in place too, to stop you from making noob mistakes that will brick you.

Reactions: sniper_x002

Zenior_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what happend but you know, you can afford a few bucks use the (v*)hax if someone has a 3ds with Homebrew Channel acess

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada

Lol. To me, menuhax is the lazy way out - I'm an old hat at installing a9lh, but sometimes we don't want to mess around with firmwares when we could be playing great games minus all the worrying about freaking firmwares.

Reactions: jackb994

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno, you just don't have brick protection... im kind of looking foward to nintendo to release an update that makes emunand merge or something to force update sysnand :P
i doubt that, not to mention it would be picked up on pretty quickly (posts all over this forum). not to mention my sysnand still has my nnid, which screws with things like dlc .cias. (i had to redo my entire emunand so that they would work)

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Saw what you meant in the video, makes sense.

Would anyone really be in that big of a rush to play their 3ds?
i certainly am :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i doubt that, not to mention it would be picked up on pretty quickly (posts all over this forum). not to mention my sysnand still has my nnid, which screws with things like dlc .cias. (i had to redo my entire emunand so that they would work)
okay it's your choice :)

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather not redo my entire 3ds and merge emunand to sysnand. I'll switch if menuhax becomes unstable, but currently, i have a 95% boot rate with it.
Ignore the idiots who can't understand people making different choices than them. lol. In all seriousness though, you won't have to "start over" if you switch to a9lh. You can keep your current emuNAND and move it to your sysnand, keeping all your apps / games / everything. I can understand why you're hesitant to switch to a9lh, but it really is THAT much better. It has access other hacks simply don't have.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Saw what you meant in the video, makes sense.
People have even stress-tested booting lesshax compared to normal menuhax and found that it does NOT improve boot rate as suggested. a9lh is the best thing to happen to the 3ds hacking scene yet. Fuck yea future-proof!

Reactions: dronesplitter

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no ofense, that's stupid. a9lh is the best hack existing for 3ds, compared to the unstable, ugly and slow menuhax. and a9lh has brick protection. you can only brick your 3ds during the a9lh installation/otp get process if you're blind and can't read a simple guide and follow the instructions.otherwise, you will be fine. Y
well, I don't plan on bricking my 3ds anytime soon (i'm not a dumbass), and with some practice, could pretty much do a hardmod by myself if i needed to. I'm just fine without it.
Please don't derail my lovely thread with debates about an 99% unrelated topic for extended periods of time.
Thank you. <3

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using Luma3DS with both Sysnand and Emunand on 9.2. I went in through Luma to update the Emunand, and it updated my sysnand to 10.7!!
I'm broke.
I can't afford $60 for Cubic Ninja or the $35-45 for Ocarina of Time and a Powersave card.
Any solution?
Thanks. <3
~GBATemp Stalker since 2012~
I know you are past the point of needing help now, but I just wanted to say i just got back from gamestop and they sell used copies of Cubic Ninja for $35. Even online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM