DexterMorgan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
Im totally new to the DS and stuff, im going to be getting my first DS Lite tomorrow(not interested in DSi) anyway im interested in getting Acekard and was looking at this one:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

I just wanted to know if you guys think that's a good one to get? I read about newer versions having no spingloaded and stuff and im wondering which is better the newer or older ones? And which one is the one in the link the old or new?

Thanks alot
smile.gif

DexterMorgan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies, im just wondering whats the differences between the newer AK2s and the one in the link? Is the AK2i better? Even if i dont plan on getting a DSI ever. Im just confused because i tried reading up on it as much as i can i kept reading about different color PCBs and which is newer and better. So basicly what i want to know is, whats the difference between the card i linked to and the AK2i(besides the obvious DSi support)

I know i must sound stupid, sorry :/.

DustyVN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard2i is EXACTLY the same as the Acekard2 besides the DSi compatibility. I actually just got the same one that you linked in the first post, and it works perfectly.

DexterMorgan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DustyVN said:
The Acekard2i is EXACTLY the same as the Acekard2 besides the DSi compatibility. I actually just got the same one that you linked in the first post, and it works perfectly.

Awesome, thanks. I just bought it. Does it come with instructions as to how to use it?

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
all u gotta do is download akaio 1.5 which u can probably find on this site and unzip it
then put all the files in the root of your msd and your all set
then u could make a games folder if u want and put all your games in there and homebrew

DexterMorgan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
all u gotta do is download akaio 1.5 which u can probably find on this site and unzip it
then put all the files in the root of your msd and your all set
then u could make a games folder if u want and put all your games in there and homebrew

Perfect sounds easy enough, you guys are very helpfull, i just have one more newbish question if possible, i just picked up my DS today is it safe to install the newest DS firmware? Its going to take 2-3 weeks to get my acekard so im just curious.

DexterMorgan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brissmas said:
antonkan said:
DexterMorgan said:
is it safe to install the newest DS firmware?
Do you have a Nintendo DSi or Nintendo DS Lite? I'm confused.

You dont need to install firmware on a normal DS.

Ah ok sorry, i read about not updating the DSI firmware so i assumed the DSL had updatable firmware also. Sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"