Gaming Help Finding the Right Gamepad

rickdgray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I would like some help with this. I'm looking for a good gamepad with one thing in specific. I want the buttons to function exactly like they do on SP and DS. I think you all know exactly what I mean.
wink.gif
I really find the buttons to work really well for me and would like a gamepad like them when emulating SNES and whatnot (would also prefer it to be USB, but that's given, right?). The problem is, I don't have any idea where I would find something like this. Does any one know of a gamepad like that? Couldn't I theoretically make one with a used SP? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

On a side note, I think it's quite obvious I don't want an overly advance gamepad with analog sticks and all that jazz -- just a simple one for SNES and NES and, hell, even GBA.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
do you have a PSP that can run homebrew?
try this

or if you have a ps2/ps1 pad
this
or
or a snes pad
this

i don't know how good the sites are
but it up to you to look

you can do this,, using google
"system controller you would like to use" PC adapter
ie: Snes controller PC adapter

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Logitech makes a Gamepad that's pretty much a PS1 Controller (pre-analog) that works perfectly for SNES and GBA emulation. I use one with my laptop, because they yell at you if you try to use a wireless one on an airplane.

Just Search for "Logitech Precision Gamepad" and you'll find it. It's translucent blue, so look for that.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 on PS2 USB adapter

if you have a 360 controller you could also just hook that up or if its wireless you have to buy a $20 wireless USB adapter

rickdgray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone quite got what I was asking...

Let me emphasize:

Svorax said:
I want the buttons to function exactly like they do on SP and DS.

I'm look for a gamepad that works much like the buttons on a DS. They have a sharp clickiness that I prefer to use over softer buttons like you would see on a 360 controller, for example. And yes, as a matter of fact, I did just qoute myself.

On the other hand, I had never considered actually using my DS itself as a gamepad. I'll try out JoyDS and see how it works for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj