Help Finding the Right Gamepad

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Svorax, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Svorax
    OP

Svorax Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2009
    United States
    Katy, Tx
    OK, so I would like some help with this. I'm looking for a good gamepad with one thing in specific. I want the buttons to function exactly like they do on SP and DS. I think you all know exactly what I mean. [​IMG] I really find the buttons to work really well for me and would like a gamepad like them when emulating SNES and whatnot (would also prefer it to be USB, but that's given, right?). The problem is, I don't have any idea where I would find something like this. Does any one know of a gamepad like that? Couldn't I theoretically make one with a used SP? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

On a side note, I think it's quite obvious I don't want an overly advance gamepad with analog sticks and all that jazz -- just a simple one for SNES and NES and, hell, even GBA.

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    do you have a PSP that can run homebrew?
    try this

or if you have a ps2/ps1 pad
    this
    or
    or a snes pad
    this

i don't know how good the sites are
    but it up to you to look

you can do this,, using google
    "system controller you would like to use" PC adapter
    ie: Snes controller PC adapter

3. KDH

KDH GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    Kansas
    Logitech makes a Gamepad that's pretty much a PS1 Controller (pre-analog) that works perfectly for SNES and GBA emulation. I use one with my laptop, because they yell at you if you try to use a wireless one on an airplane.

Just Search for "Logitech Precision Gamepad" and you'll find it. It's translucent blue, so look for that.

4. Sephi

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
  5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    +1 on PS2 USB adapter

if you have a 360 controller you could also just hook that up or if its wireless you have to buy a $20 wireless USB adapter

6. Bloodgod

Bloodgod 嵐の王

Mar 25, 2007
    United States
    http://twurl.nl/ugtl8m

^ebay auction might end before you see it. Just type "SNES controller USB" on the search box

7. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    The ps2 controller makes a great pc gamepad. The 360 one would too but the d-pad is unacceptable.

8. Svorax
    OP

Svorax Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2009
    United States
    Katy, Tx
    I don't think anyone quite got what I was asking...

Let me emphasize:

I'm look for a gamepad that works much like the buttons on a DS. They have a sharp clickiness that I prefer to use over softer buttons like you would see on a 360 controller, for example. And yes, as a matter of fact, I did just qoute myself.

On the other hand, I had never considered actually using my DS itself as a gamepad. I'll try out JoyDS and see how it works for me.