Help Finding the Right Gamepad

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Svorax, Sep 17, 2009.

Sep 17, 2009
  1. Svorax
    OP

Newcomer Svorax Member

United States
    OK, so I would like some help with this. I'm looking for a good gamepad with one thing in specific. I want the buttons to function exactly like they do on SP and DS. I think you all know exactly what I mean. [​IMG] I really find the buttons to work really well for me and would like a gamepad like them when emulating SNES and whatnot (would also prefer it to be USB, but that's given, right?). The problem is, I don't have any idea where I would find something like this. Does any one know of a gamepad like that? Couldn't I theoretically make one with a used SP? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

On a side note, I think it's quite obvious I don't want an overly advance gamepad with analog sticks and all that jazz -- just a simple one for SNES and NES and, hell, even GBA.

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    do you have a PSP that can run homebrew?
    try this

or if you have a ps2/ps1 pad
    this
    or
    or a snes pad
    this

i don't know how good the sites are
    but it up to you to look

you can do this,, using google
    "system controller you would like to use" PC adapter
    ie: Snes controller PC adapter

3. KDH

Member KDH GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Logitech makes a Gamepad that's pretty much a PS1 Controller (pre-analog) that works perfectly for SNES and GBA emulation. I use one with my laptop, because they yell at you if you try to use a wireless one on an airplane.

Just Search for "Logitech Precision Gamepad" and you'll find it. It's translucent blue, so look for that.

4. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
  5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    +1 on PS2 USB adapter

if you have a 360 controller you could also just hook that up or if its wireless you have to buy a $20 wireless USB adapter

6. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    http://twurl.nl/ugtl8m

^ebay auction might end before you see it. Just type "SNES controller USB" on the search box

7. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    The ps2 controller makes a great pc gamepad. The 360 one would too but the d-pad is unacceptable.

8. Svorax
    OP

Newcomer Svorax Member

United States
    I don't think anyone quite got what I was asking...

Let me emphasize:

I'm look for a gamepad that works much like the buttons on a DS. They have a sharp clickiness that I prefer to use over softer buttons like you would see on a 360 controller, for example. And yes, as a matter of fact, I did just qoute myself.

On the other hand, I had never considered actually using my DS itself as a gamepad. I'll try out JoyDS and see how it works for me.