Hacking Help! Figure out what CFW/program is running on my Nintendo 3DS

ArevReloaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh my god, i just noticed that ill probably have to redo the whole thing - im getting a new sd card tomorrow, so the emuNAND thingy right now probably is for a waste as i'll have to do it again, with the new card, right? I only have a 4gb one right now, so that's why.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh my god, i just noticed that ill probably have to redo the whole thing - im getting a new sd card tomorrow, so the emuNAND thingy right now probably is for a waste as i'll have to do it again, with the new card, right?
You would need to format the new card for EmuNAND, dump the old card's EmuNAND partition, inject it into the new one's, copy all your files from you old SD onto the new one. So basically yes! :P

Reactions: ArevReloaded

ArevReloaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You would need to format the new card, dump the old card's EmuNAND partition, inject it into the new one's. So basically yes! :P

Wait, so what will I have to do?

Ill copy all the stuff from the old card. Do I have to run EmuNAND9 then again?
Or what do you mean by dumping the old card's EmuNAND partition? Just copy/paste to the new card? :'D

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my god, i just noticed that ill probably have to redo the whole thing - im getting a new sd card tomorrow, so the emuNAND thingy right now probably is for a waste as i'll have to do it again, with the new card, right? I only have a 4gb one right now, so that's why.
Edited my previous post with all steps.
Yes you can wait till you get a new SD card then perform those steps on that new SD card (it goes without saying that all contents of current SD card should go in new SD card).

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you can just make an image of your sd card and then restore it to your new sd card. You would just have to expand the partition with a partition manager after that.

You don't have to do the process again if you create an emuNAND in the current SD card.

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

qi_synergist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

just a heads up, make sure you get a SDHC card or a SDXC WITH SDHC compatibility... SDXC only most likely won't work.. hopefully saves you a potential headache :)

edit: you can also use this guide for a (easy?) transfer, sets your new sd card up just like your old one https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

Last edited by qi_synergist,

ArevReloaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Edited my previous post with all steps.
Yes you can wait till you get a new SD card then perform those steps on that new SD card (it goes without saying that all contents of current SD card should go in new SD card).

So ill follow these steps when I get my new SD Card, but there are some steps missing in the end, right? Should, or rather, may, I hit you up when I'm ready, then?

@qi_synergist Thanks but i already ordered an SDXC one, hopefully itll work :) I read that formatting it to fat32 should do the job, though. I got a Qumox 128gb one, if that rings a bell :D

EDIT:
okay thank you, then id rather complete the EmuNAND Thingy right now :)

Last edited by ArevReloaded,

qi_synergist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So ill follow these steps when I get my new SD Card, but there are some steps missing in the end, right? Should, or rather, may, I hit you up when I'm ready, then?

@qi_synergist Thanks but i already ordered an SDXC one, hopefully itll work :) I read that formatting it to fat32 should do the job, though. I got a Qumox 128gb one, if that rings a bell :D

i know for me personally my samsung 64gig sdxc didn't work, luckily i had another w/ sdhc compatibility, hopefully yours does!

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
So ill follow these steps when I get my new SD Card, but there are some steps missing in the end, right? Should, or rather may, I hit you up when I'm ready, then?
Nothing is missing.
The thing which I said that if the last option "Show current NAND in System Settings" is not there in AuReiNand menu (when you hold SELECT key while powering on), it is because it may have older version of AuReiNand arm9loaderhax.bin
As the option says, it helps to let you know in which NAND you are in when you go to System Settings app from Home menu. It will help you to know whether it is booting into EmuNAND after you perform the steps.

PS. Also, don't freak out if your console refuse to boot without SD card. That is normal for A9LH as it looks for arm9loaderhax.bin on SD card when you power on.

Last edited by Just3DS,

ArevReloaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Just3DS Im done with the steps you listed, the last option was there aswell :) I pressed start, but my screens turned black while the led is still blue

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
@Just3DS Im done with the steps you listed, the last option was there aswell :) I pressed start, but my screens turned black while the led is still blue
Force power off console. Put console SD card in computer. Go in "Nintendo 3DS" folder. There you will see a folder with long text.
Create a new folder in "Nintendo 3DS" and move that folder into the new folder.
Put the SD card back in console and power on to see if it boots.

ArevReloaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Force power off console. Put console SD card in computer. Go in "Nintendo 3DS" folder. There you will see a folder with long text.
Create a new folder in "Nintendo 3DS" and move that folder into the new folder.
Put the SD card back in console and power on to see if it boots.
http://i.imgur.com/os9eaOJ.jpg Apparently, I had a few of them before. I dont know which one is new, though.

EDIT:
All of them have been edited about half an hour ago

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
http://i.imgur.com/os9eaOJ.jpg Apparently, I had a few of them before. I dont know which one is new, though.
Then move all of them to the new folder (it should be using only one of them anyway, the others are just leftovers from format done by seller).

(when you power on console and it boots into home menu it will create a folder in Nintendo 3DS, that one folder name will be same as one of the ones in screenshot you posted)

Last edited by Just3DS,

ArevReloaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hold SELECT key when powering on. Which options are checked?
( ) Updated SysNAND mode
(x)Use pre-patched FIRMs
(x)Force A9LH detection
( )Use 9.0 FIRM as default
( )Use second EmuNAND as default
(x)SHow current NAND in System Settings

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i know for me personally my samsung 64gig sdxc didn't work, luckily i had another w/ sdhc compatibility, hopefully yours does!
Please don't tell me it looks like this, I was going to set up arm9lh.
image.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson