Hacking Help! Everything is gone!

• Thread starter Deleted-351540
  • Start date
  • Views 1,493
  • Replies 23
D

Deleted-351540

I setup my o3DS with a9lh+Luma3DS and everything was working great. I converted all my carts to CIAs and was playing them that way. I lent it to my girlfriends kid to play with for the week and I just got it back today. She told me it was broken and had been for a few days. I was like, wha?

I expected it to be soaked or a screen to be broken, and I'd need to buy another one. I've been looking to get a n3DS anyway, but maybe I could fix it and just give it to her kid to play with. So I fired it up. Everything is gone. Literally. Everything. All stock apps, all CIA's, games, Homebrew Launcher, etc... Its all just, gone. I can't even open the Settings application! :(

I had to use OoT+Powersaves to originally get to HBL, and I remembered that I still had that option. So I grabbed OoT, loaded the hacked save, tapped A with my fingers crossed. HBL booted and to my surprise, everything is there. And, guess what? It still works! So, after getting back to HBL, I tapped the "Home" icon in the lower left hand corner that shows all your stock apps and they're still there and work too!

Doing some searching before I came here for help, I saw in the Reddit 3DShacks sub that this had happened to someone else because they had deleted the "tickets" in the "Tickets" selection of FBI, but no resolution was ever posted. I have to assume that the kid did the same thing.

Is there any way I can resolve this? And thanks for looking and any help you can give me.

D

Deleted-351540

I was hoping you weren't going to say that. I do have a NAND backup, but its very very old. I'd have to redo all my cart conversions. :(

If I must though, I will.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was hoping you weren't going to say that. I do have a NAND backup, but its very very old. I'd have to redo all my cart conversions. :(

If I must though, I will.
Yeah that sucks, but it's really your only option at this point.

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Well in order to make sure it's because of ticket deletion I guess you can look for the title id of a cia you installed before and see if it's still there.

D

Deleted-351540

One thing though!
Backup all your save files first. You can restore them after.
Already on that lol. I plan on just NAND restoring back to when I just got done with a9lh. As a matter of fact, its the last NAND backup you're told to make in the Plailect guide. :(

It used an old version of AuReiNAND for this and I've updated. Will I experience issues?

Last edited by ,

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
What you can (maybe) do is restore your old NAND backup to an emuNAND, dump the emuNAND tickets with Decrypt9 (EmuNAND options > File Dump > Dump ticket.db), and inject ticket.db into sysNAND. Maybe that will solve part of the problem (but make a NAND backup before, I don't think that'll break something but we never know)

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,
Reactions: Seriel

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What you can (maybe) do is restore your old NAND backup to an emuNAND, dump the emuNAND tickets with Decrypt9, and inject ticket.db into sysNAND. Maybe that will solve part of the problem (but make a NAND backup before, I don't think that'll break something but we never know)
The ticket.db wouldn't have all the tickets though.
What you can do is maybe find one of those mass ticket downloaders and inject the tickets for all your games?

D

Deleted-351540

What you can (maybe) do is restore your old NAND backup to an emuNAND, dump the emuNAND tickets with Decrypt9, and inject ticket.db into sysNAND. Maybe that will solve part of the problem (but make a NAND backup before, I don't think that'll break something but we never know)
I'm comfortable trying that, if you can explain how to dump the tickets with Decrypt9 and inject them later. I'm not worried about the games anymore. I'm already convinced that I'll have to reconvert them and that's OK. Next time I'll back them up.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I see you aren't a pirate so I'll give a good answer.

Check the SD card. If your Nintendo 3DS folder is still intact you COULD save your save files if you have access to Homebrew. BOL

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
The ticket.db wouldn't have all the tickets though.
What you can do is maybe find one of those mass ticket downloaders and inject the tickets for all your games?
True, but at least all the system apps and such will be back :P
And like you said, he can use CIAngel (the 0.49 version) to download encTitleKeys.bin from the database, convert them to .tik and install them with FBI. Since most games are on there, it should help.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
True, but at least all the system apps and such will be back :P
And like you said, he can use CIAngel (the 0.49 version) to download encTitleKeys.bin from the database, convert them to .tik and install them with FBI. Since most games are on there, it should help.
Yeah, use your method to get the system titles back, then use that ^ to get the rest.
Sorted.

D

Deleted-351540

Well I see you aren't a pirate so I'll give a good answer.

Check the SD card. If your Nintendo 3DS folder is still intact you COULD save your save files if you have access to Homebrew. BOL
I already got my save files, thanks. And no, I'm not a pirate. I just want my system apps back lol.

Reactions: dpad_5678

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I'm comfortable trying that, if you can explain how to dump the tickets with Decrypt9 and inject them later. I'm not worried about the games anymore. I'm already convinced that I'll have to reconvert them and that's OK. Next time I'll back them up.
0 a (only if you don't already have an emuNAND set up) ) Backup all your files on your computer. Launch emuNAND9 (any entrypoint), and go to SD format options > Format SD (EmuNAND default).
0 b (in case injecting the tickets breaks something :P ) ) Launch Decrypt9 and make a NAND backup (SysNAND Options > SysNAND Backup / Restore > NAND Backup).
1) Copy all the files you backed up (if you formatted your SD card) + the NAND backup you want to restore on your SD card. Launch Decrypt9.
2) Go to EmuNAND Options > EmuNAND Backup/Restore > NAND Restore. Select the NAND backup you wish to restore (not the one you made on step 0b).
3) Go to EmuNAND Options > File Dump > Dump ticket.db.
4) Go to SysNAND Options > File Inject > Inject ticket.db
5) Reboot, and hope it worked :D

Reactions: Deleted-351540
D

Deleted-351540

Awesome. I've already backed up my SD card and I was in the process of backing up sysNAND right now. (Just in case and I now know the importance of doing this fairly regularly.)

I'll get on this and get you updated. I think its going to work, though. Thanks, TheKawaiiDesu!

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome. I've already backed up my SD card and I was in the process of backing up sysNAND right now. (Just in case and I now know the importance of doing this fairly regularly.)

I'll get on this and get you updated. I think its going to work, though. Thanks, TheKawaiiDesu!
Remember to make nand backups everytime you install a major game or a load of em and you should be good :)

D

Deleted-351540

Well, it seems as though EmuNAND9 won't boot. It just black screens back to HBL. I cannot backup sysNAND or create an emuNAND. Oh boy...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1