Hacking HELP ERROR ret = -1

cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm completely lost on this one. I've done tons of searching, did all kinds of stuff that people said to do in the threads, and I cannot fix this.

I had system menu 4.0 did the upgrade a while back per the Ultimate 4.0 guide. Everything was working until I decided to use Wad Manager 1.4 and tried to load a WAD file...every time I tried it said ERROR ret=-1. I've read to use a different SD card since it might be bad. I figured this couldn't be possible because Ive used it all this time and it worked fine. So I tried another one...same problem. I know for a fact both SD cards I have are good because they both worked fine before. Also I get this error if I try to use the IOS35 downgrader saying like "you are a pirate, good bye...blah blah blah" I've tried everything to fix this...nandclean with DVDx 3.4 gift fix...or something like that, shared2clean, both seem to work...but they don't fix the problem. Then I read you have to remove you VC/Wii ware games that are installed as wads, so I did that also with Any Title Deleter and it still doesn't fix the problem. Last resort I formatted my wii to it's original system menu (3.2U) Reinstalled the HBC with the twilight hack, installed boot mii, and tried to install a WAD file and I still get the error!! What am I doing wrong???

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it! I don't remember having this problem in the past, even with 3.2U

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Are you sure that your wads arent corrupted? And try to format your sd card : it resolved a lot of problem (and always unmount correctly your sd card)
Are you using the IOS 249 as firmware for wad installation with wad manager 1.4? (but if your wii is 3.2 that should not be a problem)

cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, it seems my WAD directory wasn't named correctly and was actually WADS...so I changed it and now I can load wad files with wad manager. But now when I try to do the 4.0 upgrade when I try to install cios36 rev13 through network mode I get an Exception DSI occured error and a code dump. Also if I try cios38 through network mode I get the same error and a code dump. So what could be causing this to happen??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.