ROM Hack Help Dumping Text Irozuki Tingle no Koi no Balloon Trip

JohnnySacks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hello everybody,I'm new to this world so i'm asking for your help.
Translating Tingle 2 is my first ever DS project,and if i'm able to translate japanese,the problem is in all the technical thing.
I know the basics but i'm unable to locate the text files,i'd greatly appreciate someone's help to dump it.
Please,i'm begging.

Reactions: 1 person

vegito2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No what you have to do is use a program called dslazy and from that program dump the rom. (Dump the rom means taking all the files within the rom and extracting it)

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vegito2010 said:
No what you have to do is use a program called dslazy and from that program dump the rom. (Dump the rom means taking all the files within the rom and extracting it)

I think the OP is saying he can't locate the text within the folders. There's a bunch of sounds in the folders, so my guess is to check the overlay and graphics. I only skimmed through the files in CT2, but there's a chance the text may be in the graphics. The first folder has files that are LZ Type 11 compressed if you want to look into that. The lib folder seems to have a file that has "fnt", so I assume that's the font. You can try looking at the abbreviated file names to try in that folder and determine what is what, as well. I can't really be sure, but I'll check more thoroughly later.

JohnnySacks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Yes,that's exactly what I was talking about,thank you so much for your help
smile.gif

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, seeing this game translated would be awesome! Loved the first one!
I know nothing about rom hacking, but when I tried the second one, I do remember telling myself that the font really looked like it was all graphic...

In any case, good luck!
yaynds.gif

JohnnySacks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Yes,the first one is my favorite DS game,i've been waiting for someone to translate Tingle 2 but after seeing that nobody cares...

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JohnnySacks said:
Yes,the first one is my favorite DS game,i've been waiting for someone to translate Tingle 2 but after seeing that nobody cares...

People are just really busy. Not to mention, translators/teams will translate what appeals to them. If they try to translate a game that they aren't interested in, it will never get finished.

If nobody cared, you wouldn't be doing this one, correct?
wink.gif

JohnnySacks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Yes you're right,but I thought that with the large Zelda fan-base existing,someone was going to do it.
I can translate it but the whole technical thing is the real problem
frown.gif

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
JohnnySacks said:
Yes you're right,but I thought that with the large Zelda fan-base existing,someone was going to do it.
I can translate it but the whole technical thing is the real problem
frown.gif
I know what you mean. I have a friend who has the same problem. She can't find the text in another game. It was a big mess, she's been looking for a week now... Not very pretty, let me tell you.

spac3cow6oy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm very interested to hear how you're getting on with this project. I'd love to be able to play this game with an English translation.

I don't suppose anyone knows anywhere where I could find just a text translation of the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...