Hacking Help! DS flashcart stuck in dsi xl

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Help, my ds flashcart is stuck in my dsi xl. I removed the front plate, but the plastic is still stuck. I pushed it went half out but it wont go any further.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
THANK GOD! I managed to get the shitty r4 out of the ds.
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Phew. I will NEVER touch a r4 again and just leave my acekard into it..
Dang. This r4 really stressed the hell out of me. If it is stuck, means NO Nintendo call because this will happen.

Nintendo looks at gamecartridge and say.. hey I see a blue cart
ohmy.gif
A FLASHCART!

Im really happy that I fixed it. and for the one who want to know how I did it, post a reply. Because I wont post a long story if nobody cares
wink.gif

--the end --

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so, what was the problem here?

How did the card get stuck, and what was causing it to be stuck?

I had my Acekard "stuck", but not really. I was always able to yank the card out with force. so how did yours get stuck that yanking on it good yielded no results?

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rave420 said:

I had my Acekard "stuck", but not really. I was always able to yank the card out with force. so how did yours get stuck that yanking on it good yielded no results?

Well I pushed an r4 in the ds. When I wanted to push it out, it came out 1/3 and it was stuck. Not sure why it was stuck but I will NEVER insert any r4 in the ds. Pulling by force didn't help. I had to remove the front plate of the r4, and place it back by pushing it with force into the ds slot and it hitted the trigger and it was unstucked.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rave420 said:

You had your Acekard stuck? I have to use a freakin' piece of paper just to keep it from moving out of my XL!

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
machomuu said:
rave420 said:

You had your Acekard stuck? I have to use a freakin' piece of paper just to keep it from moving out of my XL!

no. I had my r4 stuck.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
bjorno said:
machomuu said:
rave420 said:

no. I had my r4 stuck.
He was talking to rave420.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i got my acekard 2i for my dsi xl, i also had to give it a nice tug in order to remove it. now t just fits super snug like.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
My Original R4 sat horribly in my DS Phat. It was such a snug fit that sometimes I couldn't get the cart out. I had to really tug. And I do mean really tug. I was scared the flash cart was gonna break or something and ruin my DS. The handful of times I needed to remove it though, I did get it out without too much trouble. It took clicking it in and out of place a few times nearly every time though.

Fits far better in my DSlite. I guess the slot 1 shape was changed a bit, or at least the plastic around it was, when it went into the DSlite form.

I guess you got unlucky and got a very well fitting flash cart.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new DSTWOs barely get stuck at all, but you need to be really gentle with them and you've gotta "break them in" a little before you use them by ejecting and inserting a few times - after that they stay in and slide in and out smooth as butter.

I suppose that the other carts are a little cheaper made than the new DSTWOs to get stuck like that (though IIRC the first batch were an awful pain to remove from phats.)

I wonder how Cyclos fare as far as fitting goes? They should at least do that well seeing as they're the only flashcart right now that costs more than a new popular DS game.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay, there are two kinds of stuck.

There is the kind of stuck where a tight fit creates friction, and causes the card to slide out a lot harder.
Theoretically, this should be overcome with a pair of pliers, GENTLY use them to get a better grip on the card, and you will find that removing it will be a lot simpler.

Then, there is the kind of stuck that we shall call a JAM. My fake Acekard had a window where the chip was, and it was a tight fit to being with. After months of usage, the sticker wore off, and gave way to a plastic edge on the front of the card. This caused a mechanical jam, where the card could not be removed unless you would push down on the plastic edge using a piece of plastic, or a game card or something.

now what i want to know, is what kind of stuck was your card, and what was the cause for your card being stuck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays